Gipf Project Article Worth A Read

  • Craig Massey
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3 1:33 PM
      The latest issue of the Games Journal is out and while
      this issue isn't terribly meaty, there is a fantastic
      article on the Gipf project by Mitch Thomashow (a sort
      of local gamer and helluva hoops player up in the
      wilds of New Hampshire) overviewing the series as a
      whole and providing a refreshing and different view on
      the games than your run-of-the-mill review.

      I'm not sure I followed everything he said, but I
      thoroughly enjoyed reading the article and as has been
      said before, I'm not a huge fan of abstract games.
      But Mitch is - he has a voluminous knowledge of them -
      and his depth of understanding comes through here in
      what is one of the best writing game articles I have
      seen in a long time.

      Fans of abtract games in general or the Gipf series in
      specific should take the time to read the article.

      http://www.thegamesjournal.com/reviews/Gipf.shtml

      =====
      Craig W. Massey
      cwmassey@...

      http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/
    • Richard Spoonts
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 4 10:20 AM
        If this article piques your interest, please stop by
        my table in the teaching area at UG7 on Saturday
        morning. I will have all five games in the Gipf
        series to teach to new players. I am willing to
        explain the games to pairs of people or to take on
        opponents myself.

        Richard

        --- Craig Massey <cwmassey@...> wrote:
        > Fans of abtract games in general or the Gipf series
        > in
        > specific should take the time to read the article.
        >
        > http://www.thegamesjournal.com/reviews/Gipf.shtml

        http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/
      • Matthew Horn
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 4 11:00 AM
          > If this article piques your interest, please stop by
          > my table in the teaching area at UG7 on Saturday
          > morning. I will have all five games in the Gipf
          > series to teach to new players. I am willing to
          > explain the games to pairs of people or to take on
          > opponents myself.

          So Richard, you'll either do 'em one at a time or in three-somes?

          Damn, there's gonna be a line at the GIPF station. Better get there early.

          matt