Yahoo Web Beacons

  • Tery Gaudet
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2004
      Got this message from another yahoo group I am on-
      thought people might want to know.

      Yahoo is now using something called "Web Beacons" to
      track Yahoo Group users around the net and see what
      you're doing and where you are going - similar to
      cookies. Take a look at their updated privacy
      statement:

      http://privacy.yahoo.com/privacy/us/pixels/details.html

      About half-way down the page, in the section "Outside
      the Yahoo! Network", you'll see a little "click here"
      link that will let you "opt-out" of their new method
      of snooping. I strongly recommend that you do this.

      Once you have clicked that link, you are opted out.
      Notice the "Success" message the top the next page.

      Be careful because on that page there is a "Cancel
      Opt-out" button that, if clicked, will *undo* the
      opt-out. Feel free to forward this to other groups.

      http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/