Gaming/Movie weekend March 12-14th in Framingham

  • Muttstain@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2004
      It's that time again. I'm losing the battle with the ever-growing mess, and
      despite the fact that I still don't have a job, I haven't been able to keep the
      house in order. I guess that means I have to throw another party.

      This one will run from Friday, March 12th at 7:30 PM through Sunday March
      14th (whenever people are tired of playing) at my house in Framingham.

      As always, the weekend will feature plenty of gaming, lots of bad movies,
      pool, video games (mainly retro 1980's Atari and Coleco games, though I now have
      a Vectrex as well), and food. There will be the usual assortment of German
      board and card games, plus party games, and games of luck (I recently purchased
      a tokens only slot machine with lots of lights and sound), and skill (yes the
      "$17.95 from Amazon.Com Crokinole board has not fallen apart yet, though if
      anyone is willing to bring their $150 board it will be appreciated.)

      A couple of special notes for this one:

      IT'S BACK -

      After the lukewarm receptions to the last 2 party games (SEZ YOU, and PUB
      TRIVIA), we will return to the old stand-by, and Rob has once again graciously
      offered to host a Haste Worte game on Saturday night.I still have some really
      wonderful (yeah, right) prizes to give away, especially since some of the Pub
      Trivia winners didn't want anything from the prize table last time.

      Also, Maria was not happy with the way the documentary came out, so she is
      bringing in the professionals. A film crew will be on hand to record much of the
      party, so I want a good crowd. Please feel free to bring your friends.

      If the weather is good, we may cook out on Saturday night. (Or I may be too
      lazy to, so no promises). Either way, dinner will be provided Saturday, as I'll
      cook up yet another batch of Chili. Any and all other food donations are
      welcome.

      Plenty of crash space is available on a first-come basis, and people are
      welcome to stay for any or all of the weekend.

      For anyone who does not attend Alf's Treasure Hunt in February, copies of the
      puzzles I have done for it will be available to try, and a prize will be
      given to the first person to solve them during the weekend that was neither a
      test-solver nor at the Hunt.

      More details to follow, but if anyone wants more information now, feel free
      to email me.

      -Matt