Re: [Unity_Games] Blue Moon
> sombody shoot down this hype from Fantasy Flight GamesWell, it's got two strikes against it from my point of view:
> "BLUE MOON will be the German board game event of the year. Do not miss its
1) It's a 2-player game. I've got a dozen 2-player games already that I
really enjoy that I never play. I don't need another one.
2) It's got an expansion set already. (I think they're publishing the basic
set and expansion set at the same time?) That just doesn't sit well with me,
for no rational reason, I admit.
That said, it does have quite a few positives:
1) Designed by Knizia.
2) Illustrated by Franz Vohwinkel (among others).
3) Looks to have a bit of a Magic: the Gathering feel to it. And I hear that
Magic has sold fairly well. :)
4) It's fairly inexpensive. Then again, the same could be said of a basic
set of Magic, and that didn't stop me from sinking untold millions into that
5) It's got plastic dragons.
Anyway, I'm sure there would be lots of people out there willing to buy this
without trying it first. I am not one of them. Although if I did try it and
enjoyed it, AND workable multi-player rules surfaced, I'd be sorely tempted.
David Fontes http://www.mmiusa.com/ookpik/