Re: [Unity_Games] Session Report Question

  • J C Lawrence
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 19, 2004
      On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 16:07:04 -0500 (EST)
      John P Cataldo <John> wrote:

      >> ..the 'geek (tho I record played games under different 'geek
      >> identities, partially split on where I play).

      > Unless JC has multiple geek friends that he lists the games he's
      > played to, and they just remember for him.

      Nahh, I've a few accounts I created under the boardgamegeek which I use
      to record games against. Why more than one? In two cases it is more
      important to me to remember the group I played a game with than the fact
      I played a particular game. Thus, those games are recorded under the
      alternate IDs, and all the rest are recorded under my main account.

      > I occasionally ask other people what I've played, but usually they
      > don't know either.

      Human memory is a wonderful thing.

      Surprise gaming comments of the year (all of these are from gamers[1]):

      New England is just too abstract to be worth playing.

      Ra is too complex and the scoring is too fiddly. Options like the
      Civilisation and Pharaoh bonuses should be dropped as they come up too
      rarely to bother with.

      The person who calls Ra should bid first, otherwise calling Ra is too
      overpowering.

      Union Pacific doesn't have enough luck factors.

      Torres (the perfect information form) will exhaust its replayability
      in a few plays as all the moves degrade to rote recipes.

      Games which change their character on the number of players playing
      are flawed designs. A game should deliver the same experience no
      matter how many players are playing withing the designed range.

      [1] Well, computer gamers, and specifically designers and producers of
      multiplayer online games.

      --
      J C Lawrence
      claw@... He lived as a devil, eh?