Global Powers

  • Bill Romaniecki
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 8, 2004
      Mik S. has posted several player aids and clarifications for Global
      Powers on Brett & Board.

      The major question that we had was whether players selected their
      cards randomly or not. The rules and Mik's player aid seems to
      indicate that players pick their cards. In that case, the more
      powerful cards like Revolution and Riots will be picked by everyone.

      Anyone have any thoughts about the game? Our first playing was
      marred by rules confusion and Mark's whining.

      Bill
    • Mark Edwards
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 8, 2004
        At 09:44 PM 1/8/2004 +0000, Bill Romaniecki wrote:
        >Mik S. has posted several player aids and clarifications for Global
        >Powers on Brett & Board.
        >
        >The major question that we had was whether players selected their
        >cards randomly or not. The rules and Mik's player aid seems to
        >indicate that players pick their cards. In that case, the more
        >powerful cards like Revolution and Riots will be picked by everyone.
        >
        >Anyone have any thoughts about the game? Our first playing was
        >marred by rules confusion and Mark's whining.

        I can't recall right now, but I think that the one of the hitches we
        ran into was the definition of a "coalition" government (when two more
        players tie for the most meeples in a region) and how decisions get made in
        such a situation and what does it mean when 1 meeple is lost from such a
        government, etc.

        Mark

        P.S. I wasn't whining, it was Rich's turn. In fact I seem to recall him
        whining right up till he won.

        "Head! Pants! Now!! Move that melon of yours and get the paper if you
        can... hauling that gargantuan cranium about." -- Stuart MacKenzie