UG7: Volunteers needed to teach games

  • The Alberg Clan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2004
      Happy New Year!

      As most of you know, UG7 will be held on Feb.7 at the Four Points Sheraton hotel in Waltham, MA, which is only FIVE WEEKS AWAY-- please see http://www.unitygames.org/ug7/ug7.htm for more information. One of the activities instituted at the last UG event was a jumpstart teaching area where dedicated gamers taught some popular games to anyone wishing to learn them. The goal was to have a specific place where new players or those-who-are-not-as-comfortable-jumping-into-the-main-fray could meet and ease into some relaxed gaming hosted by enthusiastic gamers. This activity was held in the morning at UG6, and was well received.

      I am coordinating the jumpstart teaching area for UG7, and am looking for volunteers to staff the activity. Specifically, I need people who can dedicate about 3 hours and who are comfortable at teaching games. There is no set list of games to be taught; you may indicate a choice of games, which should be playable in under 90 minutes and accommodate 3+ players. As a reference, the games that were taught at UG6 included: Acquire, Carcassonne Hunters & Gatherers, Expedition, Ra, Settlers of Catan, and Showmanager. Other game possibilities include (but are not limited to): Attika, Citadels, Modern Art, New England, and Santiago. I am looking for 6 - 9 volunteers; with more volunteers we can stagger the hours so that there is some coverage in the afternoon. Please reply to me off-list if you are interested in participating in this activity.

      Thank you, and I look forward to seeing everyone real soon!

      - Phil