Re: Gaming Year In Review // Worst New Game

  • Konstantinos E. Nikolaidis
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 1, 2004
      Worst new game for me was: Dwarven Dig (with one boring play)

      --
      Spirit Wizard,
      Kostas

      --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, Constantine von Hoffman <c@a...>
      wrote:
      > that's a nominee for my dog of the year award with the caveat that
      i had a
      > truly great time playing it because of the people involved. my
      other
      > nominees would be stratego:legends and that knizia LOTR game where
      you all
      > assist each other.
      >
      > what's the worst new game everyone else played this year past?
      >

      > At 07:05 AM 1/1/2004 -0800, craig cribbed:
      >
      > >Bohn Hansa - Lots of promise and excitement about
      > >Bohnanza as a board game. Fell woefully short of
      > >almost everyone's expectations.
      > >

      > Constantine
      >
      > He's throwing a two-hit shutout and he's shaking me off?
      > Can you believe that, Charlie?
      > Here comes the deuce.
      > When you speak of me, speak well.
      > -- Kevin Costner in Bull Durham
    • Doug Orleans
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 1, 2004

        Constantine von Hoffman writes:
        > that's a nominee for my dog of the year award with the caveat that i had a
        > truly great time playing it because of the people involved.

        I enjoy Bean Trader, although it's maybe a bit too random for its
        apparent weight. It has almost nothing in common with Bohnanza (just
        the beans), which is fine because I don't like Bohnanza. It's more
        like a simple pick-up-and-deliver/economic game.

        > what's the worst new game everyone else played this year past?

        Killer Bunnies and Office Scandal were both pretty bad. Maya,
        Dschunke, and Capitol are good games that I just don't like. Mare
        Nostrum, Medieval, and Game of Thrones were all disappointing, but I
        liked Age of Mythology enough to want to play again.

        --dougo@...