Re: [Unity_Games] Gaming Year In Review

  • Constantine von Hoffman
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 1, 2004
      that's a nominee for my dog of the year award with the caveat that i had a
      truly great time playing it because of the people involved. my other
      nominees would be stratego:legends and that knizia LOTR game where you all
      assist each other.

      what's the worst new game everyone else played this year past?

      At 07:05 AM 1/1/2004 -0800, craig cribbed:

      >Bohn Hansa - Lots of promise and excitement about
      >Bohnanza as a board game. Fell woefully short of
      >almost everyone's expectations.

      Constantine

      He's throwing a two-hit shutout and he's shaking me off?
      Can you believe that, Charlie?
      Here comes the deuce.
      When you speak of me, speak well.
      -- Kevin Costner in Bull Durham
    • Konstantinos E. Nikolaidis
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 1, 2004
        Worst new game for me was: Dwarven Dig (with one boring play)

        --
        Spirit Wizard,
        Kostas

        --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, Constantine von Hoffman <c@a...>
        wrote:
        > that's a nominee for my dog of the year award with the caveat that
        i had a
        > truly great time playing it because of the people involved. my
        other
        > nominees would be stratego:legends and that knizia LOTR game where
        you all
        > assist each other.
        >
        > what's the worst new game everyone else played this year past?
        >

        > At 07:05 AM 1/1/2004 -0800, craig cribbed:
        >
        > >Bohn Hansa - Lots of promise and excitement about
        > >Bohnanza as a board game. Fell woefully short of
        > >almost everyone's expectations.
        > >

        > Constantine
        >
        > He's throwing a two-hit shutout and he's shaking me off?
        > Can you believe that, Charlie?
        > Here comes the deuce.
        > When you speak of me, speak well.
        > -- Kevin Costner in Bull Durham
      • Doug Orleans
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 1, 2004

          Constantine von Hoffman writes:
          > that's a nominee for my dog of the year award with the caveat that i had a
          > truly great time playing it because of the people involved.

          I enjoy Bean Trader, although it's maybe a bit too random for its
          apparent weight. It has almost nothing in common with Bohnanza (just
          the beans), which is fine because I don't like Bohnanza. It's more
          like a simple pick-up-and-deliver/economic game.

          > what's the worst new game everyone else played this year past?

          Killer Bunnies and Office Scandal were both pretty bad. Maya,
          Dschunke, and Capitol are good games that I just don't like. Mare
          Nostrum, Medieval, and Game of Thrones were all disappointing, but I
          liked Age of Mythology enough to want to play again.

          --dougo@...