End of year gaming round up
- Like a sheep in the herd, here is my list for 2003 (way down from
2002, but mine is mostly due to a promotion at work, not fun like Matt).
* - designates new (or new to me) games.
Cribbage - 22 (Family classic for 2,3 or 4 players)
Magic - 19 (Still fun to play, just buy pre-made decks)
Quack Shot - 14 (eBay cheap pick up, gets a good work out)
Call My Bluff - 13 (Dice fest classic)
Can't Stop/Can't Stop the Turtles - 11 (mod. rules for travel version)
Poker -many times over 10(I'm up on the year, but Campbell is waiting)
* Coloretto - 9 (newness wearing off? Wild cards do seem strong)
Atlantic Star/Showmanager - 9 (I'll play either, they are both fine)
Chairs - 9 (Fun chair stacking dexterity game)
Schotten Totten - 8 (another Knizia card game that is addictive)
* Amun Re - 8 (New Knizia auction game, tasty so far)
Crokinole - 8 (way down, need help here!)
Traumfabrik - 7 (Knizia movie magic)
* Paris, Paris - 7 (Haven't played in months, on trade pile now)
San Marco - 6 (All played with 3 players, very nice)
* Zircus Flohcati - 6 (Light fun, that was cheap)
Taj Mahal - 6 (Way up for me, finally 'clicked')
Moderne Zeiten - 5 (Still enjoying this last year release)
Ra - 5 (Knizia auction nirvana)
* Industria - 5 (My favoite new Essen game, see me in 6 months)
Loopin' Louie (way down, finding the sweet spot at ~5 plays a year?)
Money - ehh..
3 - Seem to be my sweet spot this year
* Kogge - one of my favorite Desk Top Published games!
Zwei der Turme: das Kartenspiel - great set collection card game
Wizard (and not once at SSG!!)
Puerto Rico - (not down for me, I didn't play that much last year)
* Santiago (another vote for thos new game, 2nd to Industria for me)
Palmyra - (nice classic economic game)
* Mare Nostrum (Just too long for further plays)
* Kings Breakfast (nice light fun)
Hands Up! - (fun party dexterity game)
Delphi - (Still enjoying this 2002 essen release0
Contract Rummy - (Family favorite for long card games)
Carcassone (all versions, way down from last year, burn out I guess)
Significant 2 + 1 plays
* New England - 2 (Like it a lot, but it doesn't seem to appear much.)
La Citta - 2 ( Great game, but does run long, so harder to play often)
* Finstere Flure- 2 (Late comer, will see more plays next year.)
Die Handler -1 (still a favorite, but with Greg missing, only 1 play!)
* Die Fugger - 1 (late comer, looks okay, will try again soon).
* Scream Machine - 1 (Waiting for my copy, then plays will go up)
B2O - 145 Games
Friends - 53
3 Trolls store - 41
Family - 40
SSG - 12 (No Wizard!!!)
2 player - 71
3 Player - 42
4 Player - 127
5 Player - 121
6 Player - 38
7 Player - 3
8 Player - 3
Total = 405
65 new to me games played 131 times.
January was a record 104 games played!
July was low month at 18 games.