November 2003 stats

  • flyingsheep
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2003
      Some monthly stats for November

      Total games played: 40
      Unique games played: 22
      Total gaming sessions: 7

      Total Gaming Time: 27:17
      Total Set-up Time: 2:57
      Average Game Length: 0:41

      Games played more then once this month (other then Magic):

      Four times: Dvonn, Carcassonne (Hunters and Gatherers)
      Twice: Clans, Coloretto

      New games this month:

      New England
      PowerPlay
      Metro
      King's Breakfast

      Who Stole Ed's Pants
      Ra
      Parts Unknown
      Settlers of Catan (2 player version)
      Timeline

      New gamers this month:
      Joyce (SOG)
      Andrew (SOG)

      Bob (EllisCon)
      Mary (EllisCon)
      Carl (EllisCon)
      Bill (EllisCon)
      Charlie (EllisCon)
      John (EllisCon)
      Brendon (EllisCon)
      Nick (EllisCon)
      Justin (EllisCon)
      Carl (EllisCon)
      Josh (EllisCon)

      Game of the month: New England

      I've only played New England once, so it's a bit early to heap praise on it. However, it's got simple, coherent rules, and includes a few different and interesting decision points. I tried hoarding the merchants and found it an appealing strategy, although not sufficient to beat Chris's "a little bit of everything" strategy. I think there's a lot to explore in this game, and it's going on my Christmas list.

      Computer Games played: Jedi Outcast (replay)

      PS2 Games played: Crash Team Racing.
      While on vacation, I introduced CTR to my sister and her "Non-gaming" friend. They stayed up until 3AM, playing until their fingers hurt. Ironically, I had to drag them away from the Playstation to go shopping.

      .chip
    • Craig B
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2003
        Maybe he's of the believe that all things are connected and that time
        has no meaning...Thus, planning today is as impromptu as planning the
        day before...

        Wow...

        ;)

        =====