Re: SSG & new D&D Boardgame

  • Tami
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2003
      --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, J C Lawrence <claw@k...> wrote:
      > On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 17:24:24 -0000
      > Tami <yatcher@y...> wrote:
      > > --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, J C Lawrence <claw@k...>
      wrote:

      > >> Jolt Cola is second highest among the mass market sodas for
      caffeine
      > >> content. Mountain Dew holds the crown.
      >
      > > But, what does that have to do with my comment?
      >
      > It seems that today is my day for explanations:
      >
      > Caffeine -> buzz

      Yes, but my comment was about SUGAR (in the form of candy) increasing
      the buzz. Knowing which soda has more caffeine is completely
      unnecessary and irrelevant to the comment I made.

      > > Oh, wait. I get it. It's another PUN.
      >
      > You've already made clear that you don't pun,

      Um, where? By my sarcasm in pointing out that you made a comment
      that was completely irrelevant to the post you replied to?
      Actually, I think puns are quite fun, in the right context and with
      the right group of people.
      But when given as a response to a serious question, they don't seem
      quite appropriate.

      Tami
      - who rarely reads .sig lines unless they are short.
    • J C Lawrence
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1, 2003
        On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 17:54:38 -0000
        Tami <yatcher@...> wrote:

        > Yes, but my comment was about SUGAR (in the form of candy) increasing
        > the buzz. Knowing which soda has more caffeine is completely
        > unnecessary and irrelevant to the comment I made.

        Err, more caffeine == more buzz, especially as Mountain Dew's sugar and
        caffeine content are both higher than Jolt's?

        >> You've already made clear that you don't pun,

        > Um, where?

        GiP and prior mail traffic. Do I need to post mortem?

        > By my sarcasm in pointing out that you made a comment that was
        > completely irrelevant to the post you replied to?

        See above.

        > But when given as a response to a serious question, they don't seem
        > quite appropriate.

        I count that as one of the better times.

        --
        J C Lawrence
        claw@... He lived as a devil, eh?