Re: [Unity_Games] SSG & new D&D Boardgame

  • Constantine von Hoffman
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 1, 2003
      i'm intrigued enough that i may actually try and make the trip down to the
      hinterlands to play this ... what time does ssg start?

      At 12:09 PM 12/1/2003 -0500, you wrote:
      >OK... I did spend time yesterday reading through the 20+ pages of the new
      >2003 Dungeons and Dragons Boardgame rules. Whew! I think I've got it all
      >down and it is actually much easier than it originally seemed (with the long
      >rulebook and all). I've got this UK Hasbro D&D Boardgame on loan from Alan
      >Moon only for a couple more weeks (and there are no plans as of yet to
      >release it stateside) so I'm hoping I can dredge up 3 or 4 other suc...er...
      >players for tonight. It seems like it would play best with the full
      >compliment of 5 (one DM and 4 players) and I've got a good hold on the
      >scenario and board setup that I'll be DM.
      >
      >--

      Constantine

      "Very good," he said, moving in the general direction of away.
      --Spike Milligan
    • Constantine von Hoffman
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 1, 2003
        it could be the legendary battle of the K/C -- onstantines!

        At 12:32 PM 12/1/2003 -0500, you wrote:
        >Kostas wrote:
        >
        > > As always, I'm always willing to play some form
        > > D&D at anytime.

        Constantine The Uncola
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 1, 2003
          Kostas wrote:

          > As always, I'm always willing to play some form
          > D&D at anytime.

          That's 1!

          >I'll bring my lucky dice and some Jolt soda.

          No need. The boardgame comes with funky dice with shields and arrows and
          skulls and such on them. It's defintely more in the boardgame category but
          has some RPG elements... and lots of minitaures (trolls, heroes, trees,
          pillars, etc) and lots and lots of different specialized dice (for turning
          undead, casting spells, combat, etc).

          daveber@... (remove NOSPAM to use)
          http://www.unitygames.org (Unity Games - Eastern MA Gaming)
        • Konstantinos E. Nikolaidis
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 1, 2003
            It can become a pretty sweet night!

            Some D&D, the first battle of the C/K onstantines, and some Wizard on
            top of that. It will be sweeter than a pecan pie. (or) We can have
            lots of trash talking for the big UG7 battles.

            --
            Peace,
            Kostas

            --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, Constantine von Hoffman <c@a...>
            wrote:
            > it could be the legendary battle of the K/C -- onstantines!
            >
            > At 12:32 PM 12/1/2003 -0500, you wrote:
            > >Kostas wrote:
            > >
            > > > As always, I'm always willing to play some form
            > > > D&D at anytime.
            >

            > Constantine The Uncola
          • Brian A Joughin
            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 1, 2003
              I'm also into giving this a try, if there's still a spot.

              -Brian
              Message 6 of 11 , Dec 1, 2003
                > i'm intrigued enough that i may actually
                > try and make the trip down to the
                > hinterlands to play this ... what time does ssg start?

                Usual start time is 6:30. The D&D boardgame will be up early to leave
                plenty of time for those rare few SSGers that like to end with a game of
                Wizard.

                Message 7 of 11 , Dec 1, 2003
                  brian and i will be heading south together for this one. we will try to be
                  there as early as we can but will definitely arrive by 7 at the latest.

                  At 01:13 PM 12/1/2003 -0500, you wrote:
                  > > i'm intrigued enough that i may actually
                  > > try and make the trip down to the
                  > > hinterlands to play this ... what time does ssg start?
                  >
                  >Usual start time is 6:30. The D&D boardgame will be up early to leave
                  >plenty of time for those rare few SSGers that like to end with a game of
                  >Wizard.

                  Constantine

                  Every year, the US makes enough plastic to shrink-wrap Texas.

                  So what are we waiting for?
                  Message 8 of 11 , Dec 1, 2003
                    Constantine wrote:
                    > brian and i will be heading south together for this one.
                    > we will try to be there as early as we can but will definitely
                    > arrive by 7 at the latest.

                    OK - we'll hold your seats until 7 :)

                    With Kostas of Cimmeria being ever present and ready, that leaves room for
                    exactly one more person.