Re: SSG & new D&D Boardgame

  • Tami
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2003
      --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, J C Lawrence <claw@k...> wrote:
      > On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 17:19:22 -0000
      > Tami <yatcher@y...> wrote:
      >
      > > Don't forget to bring the Smarties or the Pixie Sticks! I've
      never
      > > tried Jolt cola, but I've been told that it's an even better buzz
      with
      > > the candy I mentioned.
      >
      > Jolt Cola is second highest among the mass market sodas for caffeine
      > content. Mountain Dew holds the crown.

      NSS.

      But, what does that have to do with my comment?

      Oh, wait. I get it. It's another PUN.

      Tami
    • J C Lawrence
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1, 2003
        On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 17:24:24 -0000
        Tami <yatcher@...> wrote:
        > --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, J C Lawrence <claw@k...> wrote:
        >> On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 17:19:22 -0000 Tami <yatcher@y...> wrote:

        >>> I've never tried Jolt cola, but I've been told that it's an even
        >>> better buzz with the candy I mentioned.

        >> Jolt Cola is second highest among the mass market sodas for caffeine
        >> content. Mountain Dew holds the crown.

        > But, what does that have to do with my comment?

        It seems that today is my day for explanations:

        Caffeine -> buzz

        > Oh, wait. I get it. It's another PUN.

        You've already made clear that you don't pun, but I won't hold it
        against you.

        --
        J C Lawrence
        claw@... He lived as a devil, eh?
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 1, 2003
          --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, J C Lawrence <claw@k...> wrote:
          > On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 17:24:24 -0000
          > Tami <yatcher@y...> wrote:
          > > --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, J C Lawrence <claw@k...>
          wrote:

          > >> Jolt Cola is second highest among the mass market sodas for
          caffeine
          > >> content. Mountain Dew holds the crown.
          >
          > > But, what does that have to do with my comment?
          >
          > It seems that today is my day for explanations:
          >
          > Caffeine -> buzz

          Yes, but my comment was about SUGAR (in the form of candy) increasing
          the buzz. Knowing which soda has more caffeine is completely
          unnecessary and irrelevant to the comment I made.

          > > Oh, wait. I get it. It's another PUN.
          >
          > You've already made clear that you don't pun,

          Um, where? By my sarcasm in pointing out that you made a comment
          that was completely irrelevant to the post you replied to?
          Actually, I think puns are quite fun, in the right context and with
          the right group of people.
          But when given as a response to a serious question, they don't seem
          quite appropriate.

          Tami
          - who rarely reads .sig lines unless they are short.
        • J C Lawrence
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 1, 2003
            On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 17:54:38 -0000
            Tami <yatcher@...> wrote:

            > Yes, but my comment was about SUGAR (in the form of candy) increasing
            > the buzz. Knowing which soda has more caffeine is completely
            > unnecessary and irrelevant to the comment I made.

            Err, more caffeine == more buzz, especially as Mountain Dew's sugar and
            caffeine content are both higher than Jolt's?

            >> You've already made clear that you don't pun,

            > Um, where?

            GiP and prior mail traffic. Do I need to post mortem?

            > By my sarcasm in pointing out that you made a comment that was
            > completely irrelevant to the post you replied to?

            See above.

            > But when given as a response to a serious question, they don't seem
            > quite appropriate.

            I count that as one of the better times.

            --
            J C Lawrence
            claw@... He lived as a devil, eh?