Re: [Unity_Games] Re: SSG & new D&D Boardgame

  • J C Lawrence
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2003
      On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 17:19:22 -0000
      Tami <yatcher@...> wrote:

      > Don't forget to bring the Smarties or the Pixie Sticks! I've never
      > tried Jolt cola, but I've been told that it's an even better buzz with
      > the candy I mentioned.

      Jolt Cola is second highest among the mass market sodas for caffeine
      content. Mountain Dew holds the crown.

      --
      J C Lawrence
      claw@... He lived as a devil, eh?
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1, 2003
        --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, J C Lawrence <claw@k...> wrote:
        > On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 17:19:22 -0000
        > Tami <yatcher@y...> wrote:
        >
        > > Don't forget to bring the Smarties or the Pixie Sticks! I've
        never
        > > tried Jolt cola, but I've been told that it's an even better buzz
        with
        > > the candy I mentioned.
        >
        > Jolt Cola is second highest among the mass market sodas for caffeine
        > content. Mountain Dew holds the crown.

        NSS.

        But, what does that have to do with my comment?

        Oh, wait. I get it. It's another PUN.

        Tami
      • J C Lawrence
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 1, 2003
          On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 17:24:24 -0000
          Tami <yatcher@...> wrote:
          > --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, J C Lawrence <claw@k...> wrote:
          >> On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 17:19:22 -0000 Tami <yatcher@y...> wrote:

          >>> I've never tried Jolt cola, but I've been told that it's an even
          >>> better buzz with the candy I mentioned.

          >> Jolt Cola is second highest among the mass market sodas for caffeine
          >> content. Mountain Dew holds the crown.

          > But, what does that have to do with my comment?

          It seems that today is my day for explanations:

          Caffeine -> buzz

          > Oh, wait. I get it. It's another PUN.

          You've already made clear that you don't pun, but I won't hold it
          against you.

          --
          J C Lawrence
          claw@... He lived as a devil, eh?
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 1, 2003
            --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, J C Lawrence <claw@k...> wrote:
            > On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 17:24:24 -0000
            > Tami <yatcher@y...> wrote:
            > > --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, J C Lawrence <claw@k...>
            wrote:

            > >> Jolt Cola is second highest among the mass market sodas for
            caffeine
            > >> content. Mountain Dew holds the crown.
            >
            > > But, what does that have to do with my comment?
            >
            > It seems that today is my day for explanations:
            >
            > Caffeine -> buzz

            Yes, but my comment was about SUGAR (in the form of candy) increasing
            the buzz. Knowing which soda has more caffeine is completely
            unnecessary and irrelevant to the comment I made.

            > > Oh, wait. I get it. It's another PUN.
            >
            > You've already made clear that you don't pun,

            Um, where? By my sarcasm in pointing out that you made a comment
            that was completely irrelevant to the post you replied to?
            Actually, I think puns are quite fun, in the right context and with
            the right group of people.
            But when given as a response to a serious question, they don't seem
            quite appropriate.

            Tami
            - who rarely reads .sig lines unless they are short.
          • J C Lawrence
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 1, 2003
              On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 17:54:38 -0000
              Tami <yatcher@...> wrote:

              > Yes, but my comment was about SUGAR (in the form of candy) increasing
              > the buzz. Knowing which soda has more caffeine is completely
              > unnecessary and irrelevant to the comment I made.

              Err, more caffeine == more buzz, especially as Mountain Dew's sugar and
              caffeine content are both higher than Jolt's?

              >> You've already made clear that you don't pun,

              > Um, where?

              GiP and prior mail traffic. Do I need to post mortem?

              > By my sarcasm in pointing out that you made a comment that was
              > completely irrelevant to the post you replied to?

              See above.

              > But when given as a response to a serious question, they don't seem
              > quite appropriate.

              I count that as one of the better times.

              --
              J C Lawrence
              claw@... He lived as a devil, eh?