Re: [OT] new england cellular phone carriers

  • Craig B
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 1, 2003
      mrhaleon <haleon@...> wrote:
      > I also had a Sprint phone from around 2000-2002, and found much the
      > same thing. Sudden drops, even in good signal areas, plenty of poor
      > coverage even close in to Boston, etc.
      >
      > I also got NO service to the south at B2O, which is as close to
      > Plymouth as I recall using it.
      >
      > It could have improved since then, but who knows...

      Nope, not really.

      Funny story, though. Had a call from a number I didn't recognize one
      night about a month ago. I answered it and it turned out to be a
      person from Sprint asking how I felt my service was. I started
      telling him that my service is widely erratic, going from 4-5 bars of
      service (on my phone average to very good) down to one or none
      (essentially, no service) and that this frequently happened while I
      was talking to people. The guy started to say something, but was cut
      off about halfway through his sentence when my phone dropped his
      call. He calls back and I explain to him that he just experienced
      what normally happens. He claims it must be an anomoly and, as I
      start to explain to him it's not, my phone drops his call again.

      He didn't call back again. ;)

      =====
      Craig Brooks
      Cheapass Demo Monkey / MIB #0411 email: gilby123@...