SSG & new D&D Boardgame

    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 1, 2003
      OK... I did spend time yesterday reading through the 20+ pages of the new
      2003 Dungeons and Dragons Boardgame rules. Whew! I think I've got it all
      down and it is actually much easier than it originally seemed (with the long
      rulebook and all). I've got this UK Hasbro D&D Boardgame on loan from Alan
      Moon only for a couple more weeks (and there are no plans as of yet to
      release it stateside) so I'm hoping I can dredge up 3 or 4 other suc...er...
      players for tonight. It seems like it would play best with the full
      compliment of 5 (one DM and 4 players) and I've got a good hold on the
      scenario and board setup that I'll be DM.

      daveber@... (remove NOSPAM to use)
      http://www.unitygames.org (Unity Games - Eastern MA Gaming)
    • Konstantinos E. Nikolaidis
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 1, 2003
        As always, I'm always willing to play some form D&D at anytime. I'll
        bring my lucky dice and some Jolt soda.

        --
        Spirit Wizard,
        Kostas

        --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Bernazzani" <daveber@g...>
        wrote:
        > OK... I did spend time yesterday reading through the 20+ pages of
        the new
        > 2003 Dungeons and Dragons Boardgame rules. Whew! I think I've got
        it all
        > down and it is actually much easier than it originally seemed (with
        the long
        > rulebook and all). I've got this UK Hasbro D&D Boardgame on loan
        from Alan
        > Moon only for a couple more weeks (and there are no plans as of yet
        > release it stateside) so I'm hoping I can dredge up 3 or 4 other
        suc...er...
        > players for tonight. It seems like it would play best with the full
        > compliment of 5 (one DM and 4 players) and I've got a good hold on
        the
        > scenario and board setup that I'll be DM.
        >
        > --
        > Dave Bernazzani
        > daveber@g... (remove NOSPAM to use)
        > http://www.unitygames.org (Unity Games - Eastern MA Gaming)
      • Tami
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 1, 2003
          --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "Konstantinos E. Nikolaidis"
          <knikolai@y...> wrote:
          > As always, I'm always willing to play some form D&D at anytime.
          I'll
          > bring my lucky dice and some Jolt soda.

          Don't forget to bring the Smarties or the Pixie Sticks! I've never
          tried Jolt cola, but I've been told that it's an even better buzz
          with the candy I mentioned.

          Hm... maybe PopRocks might be good with it, too....
          Tami
        • Constantine von Hoffman
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 1, 2003
            i'm intrigued enough that i may actually try and make the trip down to the
            hinterlands to play this ... what time does ssg start?

            At 12:09 PM 12/1/2003 -0500, you wrote:
            >OK... I did spend time yesterday reading through the 20+ pages of the new
            >2003 Dungeons and Dragons Boardgame rules. Whew! I think I've got it all
            >down and it is actually much easier than it originally seemed (with the long
            >rulebook and all). I've got this UK Hasbro D&D Boardgame on loan from Alan
            >Moon only for a couple more weeks (and there are no plans as of yet to
            >release it stateside) so I'm hoping I can dredge up 3 or 4 other suc...er...
            >players for tonight. It seems like it would play best with the full
            >compliment of 5 (one DM and 4 players) and I've got a good hold on the
            >scenario and board setup that I'll be DM.
            >
            >--

            Constantine

            "Very good," he said, moving in the general direction of away.
            --Spike Milligan
          • Constantine von Hoffman
            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 1, 2003
              it could be the legendary battle of the K/C -- onstantines!

              At 12:32 PM 12/1/2003 -0500, you wrote:
              >Kostas wrote:
              >
              > > As always, I'm always willing to play some form
              > > D&D at anytime.

              Constantine The Uncola
              Message 6 of 11 , Dec 1, 2003
                Kostas wrote:

                > As always, I'm always willing to play some form
                > D&D at anytime.

                That's 1!

                >I'll bring my lucky dice and some Jolt soda.

                No need. The boardgame comes with funky dice with shields and arrows and
                skulls and such on them. It's defintely more in the boardgame category but
                has some RPG elements... and lots of minitaures (trolls, heroes, trees,
                pillars, etc) and lots and lots of different specialized dice (for turning
                undead, casting spells, combat, etc).

                Message 7 of 11 , Dec 1, 2003
                  It can become a pretty sweet night!

                  Some D&D, the first battle of the C/K onstantines, and some Wizard on
                  top of that. It will be sweeter than a pecan pie. (or) We can have
                  lots of trash talking for the big UG7 battles.

                  --
                  Peace,
                  Kostas

                  --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, Constantine von Hoffman <c@a...>
                  wrote:
                  > it could be the legendary battle of the K/C -- onstantines!
                  >
                  > At 12:32 PM 12/1/2003 -0500, you wrote:
                  > >Kostas wrote:
                  > >
                  > > > As always, I'm always willing to play some form
                  > > > D&D at anytime.
                  >

                  > Constantine The Uncola
                • Brian A Joughin
                  Message 8 of 11 , Dec 1, 2003
                    I'm also into giving this a try, if there's still a spot.

                    -Brian
                    Message 9 of 11 , Dec 1, 2003
                      > i'm intrigued enough that i may actually
                      > try and make the trip down to the
                      > hinterlands to play this ... what time does ssg start?

                      Usual start time is 6:30. The D&D boardgame will be up early to leave
                      plenty of time for those rare few SSGers that like to end with a game of
                      Wizard.

                      Message 10 of 11 , Dec 1, 2003
                        brian and i will be heading south together for this one. we will try to be
                        there as early as we can but will definitely arrive by 7 at the latest.

                        At 01:13 PM 12/1/2003 -0500, you wrote:
                        > > i'm intrigued enough that i may actually
                        > > try and make the trip down to the
                        > > hinterlands to play this ... what time does ssg start?
                        >
                        >Usual start time is 6:30. The D&D boardgame will be up early to leave
                        >plenty of time for those rare few SSGers that like to end with a game of
                        >Wizard.

                        Constantine

                        Every year, the US makes enough plastic to shrink-wrap Texas.

                        So what are we waiting for?
                        Message 11 of 11 , Dec 1, 2003
                          Constantine wrote:
                          > brian and i will be heading south together for this one.
                          > we will try to be there as early as we can but will definitely
                          > arrive by 7 at the latest.

                          OK - we'll hold your seats until 7 :)

                          With Kostas of Cimmeria being ever present and ready, that leaves room for
                          exactly one more person.