Has anyone played Fantasy Realm yet?

  • madhouseri
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30, 2003
      I was thinking of ordering this from Curious games but I'd like to
      read a few more reviews on it first. There wasn't much on BGG about it
      so I figured I'd ask in here.

      Is anyone here a fan of fantasy or dungeon crawl games? I have played
      countless hours of DnD but I was always more interested in the tactics
      than the story. Right now I'm pondering picking up the new DnD
      Boardgame, Fantasy Realm, or Kings and Things. Anyone have a favorite
      that I should know about?
    • Mark J. Edwards
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 30, 2003
        At 04:42 AM 12/1/2003 +0000, madhouseri wrote:
        >Is anyone here a fan of fantasy or dungeon crawl games? I have played
        >countless hours of DnD but I was always more interested in the tactics
        >than the story. Right now I'm pondering picking up the new DnD
        >Boardgame, Fantasy Realm, or Kings and Things. Anyone have a favorite
        >that I should know about?

        Don't know anything about Fantasy Realm, but I do know that Kings &
        Things isn't a dungeon crawl game. It's more of a slugfest. I don't have
        much experience in the dungeon crawl area of board gaming (although I too
        did plenty of DnD as a kid), but I did have fun with Advanced Hero Quest
        about a dozen years ago.
        Pick up Fantasy Realm and we'll play it some Tuesday night or Saturday
        afternoon! ;-)

        Mark

        "Just look at him. Square. The shape of *EVIL*" - Plankton
      • madhouseri
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 1, 2003
          I picked up Bohnonza Saturday and I have Warcraft coming this week but
          I'll order Phantasy Realm(spelled it wrong last night) in the next few
          weeks.

          Speaking of Tuesday or Saturday, I'd really like to try a team game of
          Age of Mythology one of these nights. I got the impresion that the
          game would really be a blast if played partners.

          --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "Mark J. Edwards"