GiP: Changed hours

  • J C Lawrence
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 30, 2003
      Yesterday at GiP Larry mentioned that as of the weekend after next his
      store hours will be extended on Saturday and he'll be opening on Sundays
      for the holiday season. He encouraged us to come gaming for the
      additional hours, much as he did last Friday[1]. AIR (badly) his new
      hours will be:

      Saturdays: 10:00 - 19:00
      Sundays: 10:00 - 17:00

      [1] A German family of 6 came into the store on Friday and commented in
      some disappointment, "You have a lot of German games here..." It was a
      pregnant moment.

      --
      J C Lawrence
      claw@... He lived as a devil, eh?
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 30, 2003
        On Nov 30, 2003, at 12:16 PM, J C Lawrence wrote:

        > [1] A German family of 6 came into the store on Friday and commented in
        > some disappointment, "You have a lot of German games here..."

        "...It would be a shame if something were to 'happen' to them..."

        --
        Karl J. von Laudermann
        karlvonl@...
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 1, 2003
          --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, J C Lawrence <claw@k...> wrote:
          > additional hours, much as he did last Friday[1]. AIR (badly) his
          new
          > hours will be:
          >
          > Saturdays: 10:00 - 19:00
          > Sundays: 10:00 - 17:00

          Actually, his hours will be 10-6 on Saturdays, and I believe 10-4 on
          Sundays (I didn't pay as much attention to Sunday hours, because
          that's when the Pats play.)

          I believe that is for 2 weekends only: 12/13-12/14 and 12/20-12/21.

          JC- are you heading to California for the holidays?

          Tami
        • elkind_rob@emc.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 1, 2003
            >Holidays? You mean I can take a holiday? I haven't done that since I
            >was a child. There's work to be done dammit, and worse, Christmas falls
            >mid-week this year! What sort of stupidity is that? <grinch>

            >I'll be briefly popping back to CA over the new year. Billable hours
            >mandate.

            I'm amazed you have time for a job with the 40+ hours a week you spend
            posting to this list.

            ;-)
          • J C Lawrence
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 1, 2003
              On Mon, 1 Dec 2003 12:36:26 -0500
              elkind rob <elkind_rob@...> wrote:

              > I'm amazed you have time for a job with the 40+ hours a week you spend
              > posting to this list.

              I have a great excess of spare time currently; I'm bereft of my normal
              obligations and activities while on this contract away from home.
              Percentage-wise I don't do that much game-related mail. A quick check
              reveals that Nigglybits, Spielfieks, and Unity Games together account
              for about 7% of the mail I send and a little over 1% of the mail I read.

              --
              J C Lawrence
              claw@... He lived as a devil, eh?