Re: [Unity_Games] [OT] new england cellular phone carriers

  • J C Lawrence
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 26, 2003
      On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 13:32:58 -0800 (PST)
      Eric Shultz <swift_4@...> wrote:
      > --- elkind_rob@... wrote:

      > If you're expressing your personality through the ring of your phone,
      > you've got issues.

      Phone rings have two distinct functions:

      1) To alert the bearer

      2) To instruct others nearby to STFU/excuse the bearer/throw things at
      the bearer

      Ignoring the subtle thrill some women tell me they get from
      strategically places vibrating phones (which is not something I'll
      decry), moving to vibrate loses the second function and my throwing arm
      would miss the exercise.

      ObNote: I despise phones. There are sound reasons my home and work
      voicemail tells callers that I check for messages only every week to
      three, and they'd do better to not leave messages but to send email.

      --
      J C Lawrence
      claw@... He lived as a devil, eh?