Re: Tichu bashing

  • Brian Stormont
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 25, 2003
      --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, Craig B <gilby123@y...> wrote:

      > In backgammon, skill will help you. However, if one person rolls 4
      > doubles in a game and the other only 1-2, odds are, the person who
      > rolled more doubles will win (assuming equall skill level).

      But isn't that true for any game with some element of chance - that
      assuming equal skill level, the person who gets some other random
      advantage (either better cards, better die rolls, better seating
      arrangement, got to go first, etc.) will have some advantage?
      Otherwise, without any randomness, if the players had equal skill
      level, wouldn't by definition their games always end in a draw?

      I enjoy some randomness in games because of that unbalancing effect.
      With such randomness, it's possible for people of varying skill levels
      to all enjoy playing the same game together.

      Brian
      --
      North Kingstown, RI