Re: worst games you played

  • W. Eric Martin
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7, 2003
      J C Lawrence wrote:
      > > Buh?!? Doesn't the success strategy of many games involve forcing
      > > others to make decisions they don't want to make? Checkers, for
      > > example, seems to have survived well.
      >
      > Not to this extent. The Zertz rules include a rule which states that if
      > a capturing move is possible you must make it. As such a basic approach
      > to the game is to drive your opponent from capture to capture to capture
      > in such a way that they never have a choice of how or even what to do,
      > while you gather one of the victory requirements during their forced
      > march.

      Right, exactly like checkers: If you can make a capture, you must.

      I'm not a huge checkers fan, but when I do play, I enjoy having to
      consider what moves I might have to make against my will next turn, and
      then account for them in the current one. Same for Zertz.

      Eric

      --
      W. Eric Martin - TwoWriters.net
      * Fight intrusive advertising! - http://www.BadAds.org *