Re: [unitygames] Summer Time & The Gaming Is Easy....

  • Craig B
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 5, 2003
      Anthony Sciola <acs@...> wrote:

      > I've been looking to play some Magic as well. I haven't
      > played in a few years
      > and have been hoping to find some fun use for the cards littering
      > my room. Most of my cards are really old though...

      So, I think it mostly depends on whether you want to buy new cards or
      not. If not, one thing you could do is gather them all together and
      create booster packs from them, then gether some friends and draft
      away in whatever draft form you'd like. I know Inquest had an
      article on various draft formats an issue or two ago (which I can't
      find online right now, unfortunately). I'm guessing a basic web
      search on draft types would likely bring up something, though.

      If you want to get into the new stuff, A) Go onto Wizard.com and
      check the rules again, since lots has changed to make the game
      simpler regarding things like trample and such or go out and get a
      Core starter set for like $10-15 and relearn. That then preps you
      for B) Drafts/sealed/Pre-releases. Tournaments held at places as
      small as your local store to as large as a 350-500 person pre-release
      in Boston.

      =====
      Craig Brooks
      Cheapass Demo Monkey / MIB #0411 email: gilby123@...