[OT] MXE (was Re: Re: Why non-gamers are clueless)

  • Craig B
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 5 2:08 PM
      Eric Shultz <swift_4@...> wrote:

      > I've found that I've been watching less and less tv
      > myself.
      >
      > But Lucia and I stumbled upon the Spike channel last
      > night. We were watching Most Extreme Challenge. They
      > take a show of Japanese people doing ridiculously
      > stupid and somewhat dangerous stuff and dub over the
      > commentary and speaking parts. It was great.
      > They've also got a "reality show" that isn't a reality
      > show. There's one guy who's a contestant who thinks
      > it's a real show, but all the other contestants think
      > it's fake. The previews had me laughing my ass off.
      >
      > I can see my TV hours rising in the future. I'm tired
      > of being smart. Here I am now. Entertain me.

      Both shows are amusing, though MXE has it hands-down in my book. The
      show is Hilarious. Those crazy Japanese. I like Bonzai a lot too,
      though it's MUCH more fun watched in groups. As for Joe Somebody (I
      think that's the name of the fake reality show), it's amusing, but I
      think it might get old really fast. It's one of those things that,
      much like Joe Millionaire, I want to just see like the first and last
      shows, since that's when the best stuff happens.

      =====
      Craig Brooks
      Cheapass Demo Monkey / MIB #0411 email: gilby123@...
      http://www.angelfire.com/ma/gilby123/index.html