Re: [Unity_Games] worst games you've played

  • Terry Egan
    Message 1 of 66 , Sep 3, 2003
      I'm almost afraid to weigh in here. I've been quite
      surprised by the responses so far, and in almost every
      list there's been at least one game decried as
      universally bad is either a game I like personally or
      one that seems to be undeniably popular with many
      players.

      Well, I guess all that proves is someone - or many
      someones - out there probably like the games I'm
      adding to the discussion, although these are games
      that have disappointed not just me, but everyone I've
      played them with:

      Edison & Co.
      Der Schattendieb (this little card game gets my vote
      for worst German game ever!)
      Girl Genius: The Works (if this qualifies as a TGOO)
      Vino
      Evergreen
      Zwickern

      And Matt - you go right ahead and stir up trouble,
      it's fun!

      -Terry

      --- Matthew Horn <mhorn@...> wrote:
      > What are the worst TGOO games you've ever played? I
      > mean UNIVERSALLY bad, not a game that you didn't
      > enjoy but others did.
      >
      > I'm not trying to stir up trouble, but I've polled a
      > few people privately and come up with some already.
      > I am looking to expand the list a bit. Thanks!
      >
      > So far:
      >
      > Im Schatten des Sonnenkonigs (Moon/Weissblum)
      > Chez Geek (John Darbro)
      > White Lotus (Martin Wallace)
      > InterUrban (Michael Schacht)
      > Das Amulett (Moon/Weissblum)
      > Valley of the Mammoths (Faidutti)
      > Verrat (Tom Kremer)
      > Sid Meier's Civilization (Eagle)
      >
      > --------
      >
      > Matthew J. Horn
      > Sr. Technical Writer
      > < m a c r o m e d i a >

      http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
    • Allan Smulling
      Message 66 of 66 , Sep 8, 2003
        Mark Edwards quipped:

        >That said it's not without it's problems. The game is dated with
        >fiddly rules, lots of cardboard chits, and a busy and ugly board. The
        >blind allocation of resources at the game start has just got to go. I
        >think a variant could save that though.

        Perhaps this game could be combined with Palmyra?