Re: [Unity_Games] SR: GSG 07/29/2003

  • Mark J. Edwards
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2003
      At 04:41 PM 8/1/2003 +0000, Phil Alberg wrote:

      >GSG 07/29/2003
      >
      >ATTENDEES: (15) Mark, Matt, Phil, Ralph, Steve, Richard, Richard's
      >nephew Mike, Ben, James, Brian, Rich, Rich's friend Chris?, Eric,
      >Bruce, Bruce's friend Penny.
      >
      >GAMES PLAYED: Chinatown, Goldland, High Society, Ra, Buzzword, Zirkus
      >Flohcati, Carcassonne, BANG!, Katzenjammer Blues x2, Acquire, maybe
      >more?

      Thanks Eric and Phil for the excellent reports! I love reading another
      perspective on a SR I've attended. I actually meant to get a SR out
      Thursday but got caught in a meeting and today is a total washout (I'm
      doing a Mr. Mom stint with my 3 kids, plus 2 of my buddy's kids, plus the
      damn dog. On top of that Norton Antivirus hoses your DHCP Client service
      when you uninstall it. It only took me a few hours to figure out wtf that
      was all about.
      Anyhoot...

      Marracash: Ralph, Matt, Steve and Mark
      Matt won going away after securing the one and only yellow shop for a
      cheap price. Not until the next day did I notice that there are 4 more
      yellow shoppers than any other color. Doh!
      Matt's comment, "Not bad for a Steffan Dora game". I'd like to play
      this game a couple of times within a few weeks to see where it falls on the
      scale. I'm also tempted to tweak it (if only adding a few meeples to the mix).

      Ra: Chris, James, Brian, Rich and Mark
      Very good game of Ra where I got lucky in the second epoch allowing my
      piddly tiles pay off handsomely. The scores after mine were
      clustered. Chris (Rich's buddy) was new to the game but did a great job of
      it. I always find it kind of fun exploring and explaining Ra's inner
      workings with an inquisitive new comer.

      Katzenjammer Blues:
      I played this twice, once with 4 and the second time with 6. Funky is
      the best adjective I can come up with. I'll have to hunt down a copy or
      bribe Eric into toting his copy to more sessions.

      The 15 gamers is definitely a record for GSG. It was an unofficial
      "Bring your Buddy" night. We had folks gaming in the game room, the
      kitchen and the dining room.

      Mark

      "Just look at him. Square. The shape of *EVIL*" - Plankton
    • Matthew Horn
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 4, 2003
        > The 15 gamers is definitely a record for GSG. It was an unofficial
        > "Bring your Buddy" night. We had folks gaming in the game room, the
        > kitchen and the dining room.

        Not to mention the body in Bruce's trunk.