Re: Coloretto

  • Doug Orleans
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 30, 2003
      J C Lawrence writes:
      > On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 16:21:59 +0200
      > Faidutti Bruno <faidutti@...> wrote:

      > > It's my favourite in the Nuernberg game. There has not been such a new
      > > light filler game since 6 nimmt.
      >
      > Excellent. Amidst the deafening recommendations, how can I not buy it
      > now?

      I've been staying out of the Coloretto discussion because I've only
      played it twice, and want to try it a few more times to see if more
      experience changes my perception of it. But with that caveat: I found
      it very dull, and the "press your luck" element is especially
      annoying-- your main decision each turn is whether to pick up a pile
      or draw another card and hope it doesn't help your opponents (or end
      up screwing you when it's your turn again). A similar feature turns
      me off of Ra and Medici, although it's a bit different there because
      of the auctions.

      For what it's worth, I love 6 Nimmt. I also love King's Breakfast.
      Neither of them have much in common with Coloretto other than being
      light filler non-trick-taking card games...

      --dougo@...