Re: [Unity_Games] UGII proposed Date

    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 3, 2000
      Mark wrote:
      > Just tossing this one out there...
      > Is there any desire to make this a two day event?

      I'd still prefer 1 full day. I'm OK with Saturday in general this time
      around. Not overly keen on St. Patrick's Day but don't let me be the lone
      voice-cast on that.

      Unity 'O Games they'll call it. Not for this Italian! :-) hehheh

      dber@...
    • Craig Massey
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 3, 2000
        --- Mark Edwards <dangermouse@...> wrote:
        > Just tossing this one out there...
        >
        > Is there any desire to make this a two day
        > event?

        That certainly is an interesting thought. I'm sure
        plenty of people might do both days and others would
        choose the day that fits into their schedule best.

        What that might do is make the overall turnout
        greater, but turnout on an invidual day may be
        lighter. An interesting concept though.

        =====
        Craig W. Massey
        cwmassey@...

        From homework help to love advice, Yahoo! Experts has your answer.
        http://experts.yahoo.com/
      • Mark Edwards
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 3, 2000
          Craig Massey wrote:

          > --- Mark Edwards <dangermouse@...> wrote:
          > > Just tossing this one out there...
          > >
          > > Is there any desire to make this a two day
          > > event?
          >
          > That certainly is an interesting thought. I'm sure
          > plenty of people might do both days and others would
          > choose the day that fits into their schedule best.
          >
          > What that might do is make the overall turnout
          > greater, but turnout on an invidual day may be
          > lighter. An interesting concept though.

          Actually now that I think about it, it might just split us up a bit too much, 25 people one day, 25 people the next. Probably best to keep it to one day unless there's overwhelming demand for 2.

          Mark

          "Ahh, humor you seek . . . fail you will!" - Yoda
        • Dan Cashmore
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 4, 2000
            > So what about the 17th of March for UGII. It's a
            > Saturday and it's St. Patrick's day which is good for
            > theme ideas etc. It is also smack in the middle of
            > the month and right before spring so people will be in
            > the mood for something to break the later winter
            > doldrums.
            >
            > Any other feedback on 3/17 as the working date for
            > UGII? Getting it on the calendar this far in advance
            > has to be a good thing.
            >
            > Craig

            For the record, I have class scheduled for Saturday 3/17, though I could
            probably arrive at UGII around 5:30pm for the finish. Not that the date
            should be changed for me; as evidenced by Unity I, last-minute things tend
            to mess up my schedule all the time anyway. I would cast my vote for any
            Sunday, which in general is more likely to be free for me. Again, any date
            picked will eliminate some people, so if there is widespread support for the
            17th (as it appears) we should stick with it.

            -Dan