Re: [Unity_Games] UGII proposed Date

  • Mark Edwards
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 3, 2000
      Just tossing this one out there...

      Is there any desire to make this a two day event?

      Mark

      Walter Hunt wrote:

      > Unity Games II
      > March 17, 2001

      <snip>

      "Ahh, humor you seek . . . fail you will!" - Yoda
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 3, 2000
        Mark wrote:
        > Just tossing this one out there...
        > Is there any desire to make this a two day event?

        I'd still prefer 1 full day. I'm OK with Saturday in general this time
        around. Not overly keen on St. Patrick's Day but don't let me be the lone
        voice-cast on that.

        Unity 'O Games they'll call it. Not for this Italian! :-) hehheh

        dber@...
      • Craig Massey
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 3, 2000
          --- Mark Edwards <dangermouse@...> wrote:
          > Just tossing this one out there...
          >
          > Is there any desire to make this a two day
          > event?

          That certainly is an interesting thought. I'm sure
          plenty of people might do both days and others would
          choose the day that fits into their schedule best.

          What that might do is make the overall turnout
          greater, but turnout on an invidual day may be
          lighter. An interesting concept though.

          =====
          Craig W. Massey
          cwmassey@...

          From homework help to love advice, Yahoo! Experts has your answer.
          http://experts.yahoo.com/
        • Mark Edwards
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 3, 2000
            Craig Massey wrote:

            > --- Mark Edwards <dangermouse@...> wrote:
            > > Just tossing this one out there...
            > >
            > > Is there any desire to make this a two day
            > > event?
            >
            > That certainly is an interesting thought. I'm sure
            > plenty of people might do both days and others would
            > choose the day that fits into their schedule best.
            >
            > What that might do is make the overall turnout
            > greater, but turnout on an invidual day may be
            > lighter. An interesting concept though.

            Actually now that I think about it, it might just split us up a bit too much, 25 people one day, 25 people the next. Probably best to keep it to one day unless there's overwhelming demand for 2.

            Mark

            "Ahh, humor you seek . . . fail you will!" - Yoda
          • Dan Cashmore
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 4, 2000
              > So what about the 17th of March for UGII. It's a
              > Saturday and it's St. Patrick's day which is good for
              > theme ideas etc. It is also smack in the middle of
              > the month and right before spring so people will be in
              > the mood for something to break the later winter
              > doldrums.
              >
              > Any other feedback on 3/17 as the working date for
              > UGII? Getting it on the calendar this far in advance
              > has to be a good thing.
              >
              > Craig

              For the record, I have class scheduled for Saturday 3/17, though I could
              probably arrive at UGII around 5:30pm for the finish. Not that the date
              should be changed for me; as evidenced by Unity I, last-minute things tend
              to mess up my schedule all the time anyway. I would cast my vote for any
              Sunday, which in general is more likely to be free for me. Again, any date
              picked will eliminate some people, so if there is widespread support for the
              17th (as it appears) we should stick with it.

              -Dan