The future of SSG

  • Joe Kidd
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 3, 2003
      Should I infer any sad truths or dastardly plots into the fact that this
      past week's session of SSG is the last one posted on the calendar?

      Hmmm... an innocent oversight, or a devious plot by those north shore
      folks who are jealous of the rapidly growing popularity of another
      gaming group? You decide.

      /Joe
    • Eric Shultz
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 3, 2003
        --- Joe Kidd <joseph.kidd@...> wrote:
        > Should I infer any sad truths or dastardly plots
        > into the fact that this
        > past week's session of SSG is the last one posted on
        > the calendar?
        >
        > Hmmm... an innocent oversight, or a devious plot by
        > those north shore
        > folks who are jealous of the rapidly growing
        > popularity of another
        > gaming group? You decide.

        Or trying to fool certain members into not coming any
        more.....

        Looks like it didn't work.

        Eric

        http://sbc.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 3, 2003
          Joe wrote:

          > Should I infer any sad truths or dastardly plots into
          > the fact that this past week's session of SSG is the
          > last one posted on the calendar?

          Nope! SSG will continue into the foreseeable future. Pete can still come
          and shake his head and say "that game is just like Carabande!" and Eric can
          still come by and say "Play fast, make mistakes... or we hit you" and you,
          Joe, can still hate Wizard and be forced to play every week!

          We had a big turnout again this week.... At least 14 or so. The Crokinole
          board made an appearance - got in a few good games and a few people that
          don't get to play very often got a chance to sit at the board.

          Pitt brought and showed David, Charles and I a game called MANIKI which I
          thought was great. I think David liked it too. Charles hated it. It's a
          bit like Ricochet Robot (though Pitt likes it much better than RR which is
          not one of his favs) in which you are a circus trainer and have to order a
          lion, elephant and polar bear in a specific arrangement by using a series of
          vocal commands. MA makes the top animal jump from one platform to another.
          NI makes a swap of two animals. Etc. There are 5 commands and some of the
          patterns require a lot of work - MA KI NO LO LO!! First to call it out
          correctly, gets a card and another ordering is set for the players to
          attempt. Great stuff... I want to get this - only Adam Spielt seems to
          carry it (I really should have gotten in on one of those Adam Spielt orders
          recently... if only to get this game).

          Wizard, of course, was played. As was a bunch of other stuff that I didn't
          really see closely. Paris Paris was played. Some form of Settlers? I
          really should start taking notes again!

          Anyway, SSG continues...

          daveber@... (remove NOSPAM to use)
          http://www.unitygames.org (Unity Games - Eastern MA Gaming)
        • Mark Edwards
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 3, 2003
            At 02:01 PM 7/3/2003 -0400, Joe Kidd wrote:

            >Should I infer any sad truths or dastardly plots into the fact that this
            >past week's session of SSG is the last one posted on the calendar?
            >
            >Hmmm... an innocent oversight, or a devious plot by those north shore
            >folks who are jealous of the rapidly growing popularity of another
            >gaming group? You decide.

            It's neither. The real reason is that Dave is neurotic and refuses to
            extend SSG scheduling out further than a few months at a time just in case
            he dies or something.

            Mark

            "We've got a piper down, I repeat, the piper is DOWN!" -- Stuart MacKenzie
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 3, 2003
              Mark wrote:

              > It's neither. The real reason is that Dave is neurotic
              > and refuses to extend SSG scheduling out further
              > than a few months at a time just in case he dies or something.

              Woah! Maybe the autoposter knows something I don't...

              I better go extend it right now!

              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 3, 2003
                --- Dave Bernazzani <daveber@...> wrote:
                > Mark wrote:
                >
                > > It's neither. The real reason is that Dave is
                > neurotic
                > > and refuses to extend SSG scheduling out further
                > > than a few months at a time just in case he dies
                > or something.
                >
                > Woah! Maybe the autoposter knows something I
                > don't...
                >
                > I better go extend it right now!

                Yeah, good idea Dave. Just in case, I've got dibs on
                his Wizard deck.

                http://sbc.yahoo.com