Re: July 1st at Battleground Games (South Shore)

  • kmcurow
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 30, 2003
      Turns out tomorrow isn't great for me. But I will try to stop by
      around 6:30 and hang around as long as I can. I will probably have to
      leave around 8:30, though.

      I'm 32, so I guess that qualifies me. ;-)

      --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "mrhaleon" <haleon@s...> wrote:
      > --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "kmcurow" <kcurow@g...> wrote:
      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > I have been to the store a few times, but never showed up for a
      > Unity
      > > Games night. Anyone planning on being there on Tuesday? Looking
      for
      > > players? What games are you looking to play?
      > >
      > > Just curious what the turnout is like and what kind of games get
      > > played.
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > > Kevin
      >

      > Hey there Kevin! WOA generally has an attendance between 4 and 6,
      > making it a solid 1-simultaneous-game evening with fun and whining
      > for kids of all mental ages (physically, we'd prefer you were 18 or
      > older).
      >
      > We're always looking for new blood, so swing on by! We play a whole
      > pleeethora of games in the german/eurogame genre, from Money (love
      > the old ladies!) to the Bucket Game (LOVE the bucket!) to beefier
      > games, like Call My Bluff and Mama Mia. Seriously, we generally
      play
      > whatever hits the table, though everyone is allowed the standard
      veto
      > rules.
      >
      > Stop on by, save me from these people! I mean, we look forward to
      > seeing you.
      >
      > --Campbell
    • mrhaleon
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 1, 2003
        --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "kmcurow" <kcurow@g...> wrote:
        > Turns out tomorrow isn't great for me. But I will try to stop by
        > around 6:30 and hang around as long as I can. I will probably have
        > leave around 8:30, though.

        We look forward to seeing you there. Time enough for 1-2 games,
        anyway ;)

        > I'm 32, so I guess that qualifies me. ;-)

        Yes, but what's your mental age?

        --Campbell
      • Steve Meuse
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 1, 2003
          At 02:54 PM 7/1/2003 +0000, mrhaleon wrote:

          >We look forward to seeing you there. Time enough for 1-2 games,
          >anyway ;)
          >
          > > I'm 32, so I guess that qualifies me. ;-)
          > >

          >Yes, but what's your mental age?
          >
          >--Campbell

          Ah yes, Campbell has hit the nail on the head.

          I think the combined mental age at times is 32. Especially when The Bucket
          King comes out....

          -Steve

          P.S. Campbell really LOVES the bucket!
        • kmcurow
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 1, 2003
            > > I'm 32, so I guess that qualifies me. ;-)
            > >

            > Yes, but what's your mental age?

            Something less than 32. :-)
          • kmcurow
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 1, 2003
              Thanks for the game, guys! It was a lot of fun. And thanks for
              letting me win, too. Expect to see me around more often.

              Kevin
            • mrhaleon
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 1, 2003
                --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "kmcurow" <kcurow@g...> wrote:
                > Thanks for the game, guys! It was a lot of fun. And thanks for
                > letting me win, too. Expect to see me around more often.
                >
                > Kevin

                That's Puerto Rico, for those few poor fools who couldn't be there
                tonight. The corn whore strategy beats the factory once again...

                And welcome again, Kevin. If our whining (augmented by recurring
                guest-whiner Kyle) wasn't enough to drive you away, then I think you
                might just be okay, kid...

                --Campbell
              • gstevens31
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 2, 2003
                  Am I reading this correctly? Did Kyle actually lose a game of PR, to
                  a newbie? This may be one of the signs of the end of the world.

                  -Greg

                  --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "mrhaleon" <haleon@s...> wrote:
                  > --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "kmcurow" <kcurow@g...> wrote:
                  > > Thanks for the game, guys! It was a lot of fun. And thanks for
                  > > letting me win, too. Expect to see me around more often.
                  > >
                  > > Kevin
                  >
                  > That's Puerto Rico, for those few poor fools who couldn't be there
                  > tonight. The corn whore strategy beats the factory once again...
                  >
                  > And welcome again, Kevin. If our whining (augmented by recurring
                  > guest-whiner Kyle) wasn't enough to drive you away, then I think
                  you
                  > might just be okay, kid...
                  >
                  > --Campbell
                • mrhaleon
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 2, 2003
                    --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "gstevens31"
                    <gregandlaurastevens@e...> wrote:
                    > Am I reading this correctly? Did Kyle actually lose a game of PR,
                    > a newbie? This may be one of the signs of the end of the world.
                    >
                    > -Greg

                    In a sense, yes, but technically, no.

                    Kyle arrived after the game was already underway, and proceeded to
                    turn a relatively fast-paced game into a slow drawn-out slug-fest by
                    offering advice to virtually every other player besides myself and
                    Kevin.

                    This had the effect of not only slowing the game way down, but taking
                    what was a somewhat likely win by me (Factory/Harbor) and turning it
                    into a blow-out by Kevin (consumnate corn-whore/cash-cow).

                    So, in a sense, he lost, since the three players he was advising
                    did ;)

                    Not that he made all their moves for them or anything. Far from it.

                    He just sucks!

                    --Campbell