Newby

  • papervilleusa
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 22, 2003
      Just wanted to pop in and say hello from a new member. I enjoy most
      board and card games. I'm interested in sports games such as
      baseball, auto racing, horse racing, golf, and wrestling. Also WWII
      related games. And old board/card games from the 1950s to 70s.

      I'm interested in finding rules, and board images for old board
      games like Dragnet, Dr. Kildare, the Munsters, Leave it to Beaver,
      and other golden games. And also sports games.

      B.J.
    • papervilleusa
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 28, 2003
        Hello,

        I thought I would try my question again. I'm looking for copies of
        rules for board games from the mid 50s to 70s, such as Dr. Kildare,
        Dragnet, etc. plus photos of the game boards.

        Also, is anyone interested in sports games? I'm looking for people
        interested in Pro-Wrestling, Baseball, Horse Racing, Golf and Indy
        Racing.

        B.J.
      • Allan Smulling
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 28, 2003
          Hi B.J.,

          Welcome to the group. When you talk about sports games are you refering to stuff like the Strat-o-matic kind?

          Regards,
          Allan

          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          For the latest news of GiP (Gaming in Providence)
          visit www.squishyturnip.org
          AOL IM: Smullster

          I thought I would try my question again. I'm looking for copies of
          rules for board games from the mid 50s to 70s, such as Dr. Kildare,
          Dragnet, etc. plus photos of the game boards.

          Also, is anyone interested in sports games? I'm looking for people
          interested in Pro-Wrestling, Baseball, Horse Racing, Golf and Indy
          Racing.

          B.J.

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • papervilleusa
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 28, 2003
            Hi Allan,

            From a number of different companies. For baseball I palyed Strat-O-
            Matic, Static-Pro, and a couple of others. I'm trying to find one
            where a person can create their own player cards if they are non for
            that player, such as anyone from the Negro Leagues. Or favorites
            from the past, except using life-time stats.

            With Horse racing I like Avalon Hill's Win, Place & Show. I'd like
            to update the program cards with new horses as that game is pretty
            old.

            For auto racing I'm working on my own version, slow but sure.

            For wrestling I tweeted the rules for Avalon Hill's Wrasslin' game
            to make it more suitable for solitare play.

            B.J.

            --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "Allan Smulling"
            <smullster1@c...> wrote:
            > Hi B.J.,
            >
            > Welcome to the group. When you talk about sports games are you
            refering to stuff like the Strat-o-matic kind?

            > Regards,
            > Allan
            >
            > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            > For the latest news of GiP (Gaming in Providence)
            > visit www.squishyturnip.org
            > AOL IM: Smullster
          • pldr
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 3, 2003
              Alan,

              Check out Extra Innings at:
              http://www.monarch.net/users/newhouse/eibb1.htm

              It's free, not a bad game, and they have all the seasons up to 2001
              in text form. There is also a computerized version. They give the
              formulas so you can make any players you want if they are not
              included. Jack Kavanaugh let the game go on the net after it went out
              of print.

              Pete

              > From: papervilleusa <bj39@...>
              > To: Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com