Re: Great review of LotR on rec.games.board

  • matthew@gray.org
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1 10:59 AM
      > Despite the fact that most reviews have come back as favorable,
      > part of me still has doubts about the cooperative play, player
      > elimination, and repeat play. Another part of me has faith that Dr.
      > Knizia can pull it all together.

      I was skeptical too, and still am a little about the repeat
      playability, but the cooperative play works very well. It's an
      outstanding game, in my opinion.

      I've got my copy and am eager to play it again. Any volunteers? ;-)

      I'll post the first part of my Essen report shortly.

      ...Matthew
    • Mark Edwards
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 1 11:14 AM
        Joe,

        I do have a copy, just rec'd it Monday, but I forgot it at home! If you've got an itch to see it and play it just let me know and I'll drop by my place on my way to Dan's.

        Mark

        Joe Hartley wrote:

        > I'm also hoping that I'll find a copy of the new Cosmic Encounter to
        > try. I don't suppose you'll be bringing one tonight, Mark?

        "Ahh, humor you seek . . . fail you will!" - Yoda
      • Mark Edwards
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 1 11:21 AM
          matthew@... wrote:

          > I was skeptical too, and still am a little about the repeat
          > playability, but the cooperative play works very well. It's an
          > outstanding game, in my opinion.
          >
          > I've got my copy and am eager to play it again. Any volunteers? ;-)
          >
          > I'll post the first part of my Essen report shortly.

          And I forgot to mention that I also have faith in the reviewers! It's just this tinge of doubt I can't seem to erase. Just call me "Doubting Marcus". ;-)

          "Ahh, humor you seek . . . fail you will!" - Yoda