Re: [Unity_Games] Merchants of Amsterdam (was Monthly Stats for May 2003)

  • Josh Bluestein
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 3, 2003
      > From: "flyingsheep" <flyingsheep@...>

      > From: "Dave Bernazzani" <daveber@...>
      > >> Game of the month: Merchants of Amsterdam
      > >
      > >Has your auction clock broken yet?

      > We were playing with Josh's copy of the game, although I'd like to
      > add it to my collection. Is the clock particularly fragile? I didn't
      > think that it added that much to the game (which is not to say that
      > the clock isn't a nifty idea).

      I've heard of them breaking. So far, I've been lucky, but my copy
      hasn't been used too many times yet.

      I have a theory that if you're careful when winding it, it will last a
      lot longer. Specifically, all that's required is a finger to move it
      around to the start position -- I've seen some people press and turn,
      which seems to be harder and my assumption is that it puts more strain
      on the mechanism. (Now that I think on't, it probably is a good idea
      to leave the clock in fully run-down position when you're done
      playing...hmm...must check on that when I get home.)

      Josh