Great review of LotR on rec.games.board

  • Jonathan Yedidia
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2000
      Hi everybody,

      I just read a great new review by David Fristrom of Knizia's Lord of
      the Rings on rec.games.board. He likes it a lot. I'm looking forward
      to playing it.

      For those of you who don't normally read or post to news groups, but
      do use the web, you can access the review at
      http://www.deja.com/group/rec.games.board

      Jonathan
    • Mark Edwards
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 1, 2000
        Jonathan Yedidia wrote:

        > Hi everybody,
        >
        > I just read a great new review by David Fristrom of Knizia's Lord of
        > the Rings on rec.games.board. He likes it a lot. I'm looking forward
        > to playing it.
        >
        > For those of you who don't normally read or post to news groups, but
        > do use the web, you can access the review at
        > http://www.deja.com/group/rec.games.board
        >
        > Jonathan

        I read it and really enjoyed it. I was thinking someone should contact him and try to get it up on the BGD (BoardGameGeek Database).

        Despite the fact that most reviews have come back as favorable, part of me still has doubts about the cooperative play, player elimination, and repeat play. Another part of me has faith that Dr. Knizia can pull it all together.

        Mark

        "Ahh, humor you seek . . . fail you will!" - Yoda
      • Joe Hartley
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 1, 2000
          Mark Edwards <dangermouse@...> wrote:
          > Despite the fact that most reviews have come back as favorable, part
          > of me still has doubts about the cooperative play, player elimination,
          > and repeat play. Another part of me has faith that Dr. Knizia can pull
          > it all together.

          I for one am waiting with bated breath for the release of the English
          version so I can judge for myself!

          I'm also hoping that I'll find a copy of the new Cosmic Encounter to
          try. I don't suppose you'll be bringing one tonight, Mark?

          Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh@...
          12 Emma G Lane, Narragansett, RI 02882 - vox 401.782.9042
        • matthew@gray.org
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 1, 2000
            > Despite the fact that most reviews have come back as favorable,
            > part of me still has doubts about the cooperative play, player
            > elimination, and repeat play. Another part of me has faith that Dr.
            > Knizia can pull it all together.

            I was skeptical too, and still am a little about the repeat
            playability, but the cooperative play works very well. It's an
            outstanding game, in my opinion.

            I've got my copy and am eager to play it again. Any volunteers? ;-)

            I'll post the first part of my Essen report shortly.

            ...Matthew
          • Mark Edwards
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 1, 2000
              Joe,

              I do have a copy, just rec'd it Monday, but I forgot it at home! If you've got an itch to see it and play it just let me know and I'll drop by my place on my way to Dan's.

              Mark

              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 1, 2000
                matthew@... wrote:

                > I was skeptical too, and still am a little about the repeat
                > playability, but the cooperative play works very well. It's an
                > outstanding game, in my opinion.
                >
                > I've got my copy and am eager to play it again. Any volunteers? ;-)
                >
                > I'll post the first part of my Essen report shortly.

                And I forgot to mention that I also have faith in the reviewers! It's just this tinge of doubt I can't seem to erase. Just call me "Doubting Marcus". ;-)

                "Ahh, humor you seek . . . fail you will!" - Yoda