Congrats Phil!

    Message 1 of 6 , May 29, 2003
      From the www.terminalcity.com webpage - looks like our own Phil Alberg has
      won a free copy of Duel of Ages Set 1. Guess what's being played at GSG
      next week!

      >We have a winner! We got a big pile of entries for our
      >Duel of Ages contest and have made the draw for a
      >free copy of Duel of Ages Set 1 - Worldspanner.
      >And the winner is... Phil Alberg from Cumberland, Rhode Island!
      >Congratulations to Phil and thanks to all who entered the contest!

      I'm not sure what the contest was, exactly... but it's nice to see a local
      win a game!

      daveber@... (remove NOSPAM to use)
      http://www.unitygames.org (Unity Games - Eastern MA Gaming)
    • Phil Alberg
      Message 2 of 6 , May 29, 2003
        --- Dave Bernazzani wrote:
        > From the www.terminalcity.com webpage - looks like our own Phil
        Alberg has
        > won a free copy of Duel of Ages Set 1. Guess what's being played
        at GSG
        > next week!
        >
        > >We have a winner! We got a big pile of entries for our
        > >Duel of Ages contest and have made the draw for a
        > >free copy of Duel of Ages Set 1 - Worldspanner.
        > >And the winner is... Phil Alberg from Cumberland, Rhode Island!
        > >Congratulations to Phil and thanks to all who entered the contest!
        >
        > I'm not sure what the contest was, exactly... but it's nice to see
        a local
        > win a game!

        Thanks.

        The contest was to find the hidden message contained in the hundreds
        of replies that exist for this game on Boardgamegeek, and then follow
        the clues given in the message to uncover a buried treasure chest
        that contained a fencing epee, which you then used in a duel with the
        game's designer.

        :-D

        OK, the contest was actually a random entry drawing -- mine was
        simply the lucky one picked out of 112 names that were entered.

        - Phil

        BTW, The next GSG will be a roadshow at Bob's house. I'll definately
        be toting DoA (unless of course it's DOA).
      • Eric Shultz
        Message 3 of 6 , May 30, 2003
          --- Phil Alberg <albergclan@...> wrote:
          > BTW, The next GSG will be a roadshow at Bob's house.
          > I'll definately
          > be toting DoA (unless of course it's DOA).

          Or unless Bob is. He's getting up there in years, you
          know.

          Eric

          http://calendar.yahoo.com
        • Mark Edwards
          Message 4 of 6 , May 30, 2003
            At 06:12 AM 5/30/2003 -0700, Eric Shultz wrote:
            >Or unless Bob is. He's getting up there in years, you
            >know.

            It's your penchant for these pot shots that makes you so endearing Eric.

            Mark

            'F' is for the "fire" that burns down the whole town,
            'U' is for "uranium" ... bombs!,
            'N' is for "no survivors"...

            -- Plankton
          • Eric Shultz
            Message 5 of 6 , May 30, 2003
              That's what Unity Games is all about isn't it?
              Gathering together as a community, then taking pot
              shots at each other. This is what the internet was
              invented for.

              Eric
              --- Mark Edwards <danger.mouse@...> wrote:
              > At 06:12 AM 5/30/2003 -0700, Eric Shultz wrote:
              > >Or unless Bob is. He's getting up there in years,
              > you
              > >know.
              >
              > It's your penchant for these pot shots that
              > makes you so endearing Eric.
              >
              > Mark
              >

              > If you like board games and live in Eastern MA or
              > the surrounding areas
              > check out Unity Games -- www.unitygames.org
              >
              > 'F' is for the "fire" that burns down the whole
              > town,
              > 'U' is for "uranium" ... bombs!,
              > 'N' is for "no survivors"...
              >
              > -- Plankton

              http://calendar.yahoo.com
            • Phil Alberg
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 1, 2003
                > BTW, The next GSG will be a roadshow at Bob's house. I'll
                > definately be toting DoA (unless of course it's DOA).

                I received DoA on Friday, so I will be bringing it to the GSG
                session at Bob's house this Tuesday. You can read more about the
                game at:

                http://www.duelofages.com/

                - Phil