Re: [Unity_Games] I'm back from Spiel @ Essen !

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 31, 2000
      Matthew Gray <matthew@...> wrote:

      >Well, there's a whole bunch more stuff worth mentioning,
      >but I'll get to those later.
      >What are people most interested in hearing about?

      Everything! Well... just start at the beginning and work through
      to the end. And don't forget stuff in the middle!

      Oh... and welcome back!!!

      I see Funagain has Der Herr Der Ringe (Lord of the Rings) for
      about $40 and I'm tempted to get it (since several people here
      speak German and others have played it so the German edition
      should be fine). But, I'm going to wait until more of the new
      releases that I'm interested in are available and pick them up
      all at once.

      My new Cosmic Encounter showed up somewhat unexpectedly
      yesterday. Production values look great - and will play this new
      edition soon.

      dber@...
    • Mark Edwards
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 31, 2000
        Dave Bernazzani wrote:

        > Matthew Gray <matthew@...> wrote:
        >
        > >Well, there's a whole bunch more stuff worth mentioning,
        > >but I'll get to those later.
        > >What are people most interested in hearing about?
        >
        > Everything! Well... just start at the beginning and work through
        > to the end. And don't forget stuff in the middle!

        Exacly my feelings. Spare no details man! I want to hear what kind of food was served on the flight and what you thought of the bread!

        Mark

        --
        Mark Edwards
        dangermouse@...
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 31, 2000
          I'll write up a more thorough report/mail once it is no longer the
          middle of the night (Germany time), but here's the short form:

          WOW. Spiel was everything I had expected and hoped, and more. It was
          overwhelming and amazing. Carrie and I had a great time, and going
          this year with the strong dollar/weak Euro was great :-)

          I bought a TON (ok, more like 50kg) of games and played some of them.
          Quick comments:

          Lord of the Rings - Outstanding. I'll have to play it a few more times, but
          I absolutely loved it on first impression.
          ZappZerapp - a children's game, but a great deal of fun
          Cartagena - remember "Reiner Knizia's Candyland"? This is it.
          Atilla - Very very good
          Arbos - Like Jenga, but a tree

          The experience was amazing. A cross between a trade show and a gaming
          convention and a gaming flea market.

          Well, there's a whole bunch more stuff worth mentioning, but I'll get
          to those later. What are people most interested in hearing about?

          ...Matthew
        • Craig Massey
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 1, 2000
            --- Matthew Gray <matthew@...> wrote:

            > Well, there's a whole bunch more stuff worth
            > mentioning, but I'll get
            > to those later. What are people most interested in
            > hearing about?

            To echo Dave and Mark's sentiments - don't spare the
            bits - give us all the details, comments, opinions,
            etc.

            I'm dying to get the games I ordered from Funagain
            from Essen, but it could be a few weeks. Maybe you
            can bring a bunch of the new stuff to the next WAGGers
            session - we missed you at the last one.

            Craig

            =====
            Craig W. Massey
            cwmassey@...