Re: [Unity_Games] SR: SSG Oct 28th, 2000 ...another POV...

  • Craig Massey
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 30, 2000
      --- Mark Edwards <dangermouse@...> wrote:

      > There's a bunch of "Commodity Speculation" games
      > listed on BoardGameGeek that I'm curious about.
      >
      > Giganten
      > McMulti
      > Schoko & Co.
      > Vernissage
      > Vino
      >
      > I think you should try Die Handler Andrew, I
      > think it would appeal to you

      I think Andrew would have and interest in Die Handler
      well due to the price setting mechanism although I
      think it needs some tweaking - my apologies to the
      AVF.

      Another series of games that you might like to try at
      some point Andrew is the 18xx series (I can hear the
      collective groan from a number of readers). The stock
      market mechanisms in 18xx games work very well
      although each game is a little different than the
      other. The problem with 18xx games is their length
      which is prohibative for many.

      > And one of these days I'll give Shark a retry.
      > It absolutely flopped with Dave, Alison, David and
      > I, but I'm still curious about it, it can't be THAT
      > bad. Can it?

      =====
      Craig W. Massey
      cwmassey@...