new family additions, ICG, etc.

  • Andrew W
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 30, 2003
      We have a new addition to our family. Betsy the hound now lives with
      us, rather than in the animal shelter. She is working on her web
      page; when it's done, I'll provide a link to it from this group.
      While she's settling in, it's best that there's someone at home with
      her for much of the time, including this evening. That, combined with
      a post-work thing I should go to, will keep me out of the Inner
      Circle today.
      But I'll get to a gaming session soon. By the way, I hope to play
      Amun-Re again soon. After my first play last week, the game has been
      on my mind a lot.
      Andrew
    • Craig Massey
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 30, 2003
        Congratulations Andrew!

        What kind of dog is Betsy? How old? Other details?

        A couple of tips given you are a game player with a
        dog.

        1. Don't let alan actually handle game pieces at your
        house while the dog is around. He tends to drop them
        or throw them which will thrill the dog to no end. I
        speak from harsh experience. A france marker in Age
        of Renaissance has been "reformed" by Maddie and I
        surmised that Madison will make a horrible dice tower
        despite her enthusiasm for the job. Alan was involved
        in both incidents - as past emails indicate, I'm
        unlikely to let go of either.

        2. Not knowing what type of dog Betsy is, I will
        assume she is the shedding type and say that all games
        will soon be repositories for the occassisonal stray
        dog hair (as will everything else in the house). I
        quickly resigned myself to this fact that there is
        little I can do about this.

        3. Dogs are terrible Go players. They cheat at
        Twister, and as mentioned above, can't be trusted with
        dice. Rumor has it they are damn good at Poker, but
        if they wag their tail after the flop, they usually
        have a nut hand.

        All the best,
        Craig

        =====