RE: [Unity_Games] while we're on the subject: SOW?

  • Constantine von Hoffman
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 4, 2003
      OK then, we'll leave your parents out of this...

      This is what happens when the path of the righteous man is beset on all
      sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

      At 04:24 PM 4/4/2003 -0500, you wrote:
      >I don't dig the swine.

      Constantine von Hoffman

      www.areporter.com

      617.562.0696
    • Campbell MacInnes
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 4, 2003
        --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, Constantine von Hoffman <c@a...>
        wrote:
        > OK then, we'll leave your parents out of this...
        >

        > This is what happens when the path of the righteous man is beset on
        all
        > sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.
        > ^^^

        This is what happens when the writer gets lazy...

        --Campbell
      • nix342
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 5, 2003
          The hitman Jules (Samuel L. Jackson) frequently quotes "Ezekiel
          25:17" in "Pulp Fiction," but in fact he has greatly altered the
          Bible passage. The actual passage says:

          "And I will execute great vengeance upon them with furious rebukes;
          and they shall know that I am the Lord, when I shall lay my
          vengeance upon them."

          Here's what Jules says, adding bits from the 23rd Psalm and his own
          rhetoric:

          "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides with the
          iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he
          who in the name of charity and good will shepherds the weak through
          the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the
          finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon those with
          great vengeance and with furious anger those who attempt to poison
          and destroy my brothers. And you will know that my name is the Lord
          when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

          ....and yeah, I stole this from some webpage somewhere.

          Nick

          --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "Campbell MacInnes"