Re: [Unity_Games] SR: GSG on Tour 4/1

  • Brian Stormont
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 3, 2003
      At 07:08 PM 4/3/2003 +0000, James wrote:
      >So anyway, I attacked Dave. Brian attacked Berna, but then shifted
      >gears to attack Phil. This seemed to pave the way for Berna to buy
      >monuments while the rest of us bought troops, and so when we called
      >it quits Berna was at 3 monuments/leaders (4 is a win) while I think
      >Phil and possibly Brian had 2.

      I've been wondering about this - while I think my (Carthage's) focusing on
      Rome did give Egypt the opportunity to accumulate a lot of taxes, at the
      same time the unguarded Roman coast was too much for me to pass up compared
      to the fortress and troops stationed in Egypt. I still can't decide whether
      it makes sense to go for a quick looting of someone's unguarded territory,
      or engage in a long protracted land battle attempting to hold onto a
      territory after it is converted. So far I've always opted for the looting
      and then retreating when opposing forces show up. I suppose I'll have to
      play a few more games to see which works out better.

      Brian