Re: [Unity_Games] introducing myself -- 2nd try.

  • Mark J. Edwards
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 28, 2003
      At 12:46 AM 3/29/2003 +0000, space_crime_continuum wrote:
      >Hi! My name is Chris Aylott, and I run the Space-Crime Continuum, a
      >bookstore in Northampton, MA. My wife and I love board games, and we
      >both sell and play lots of them. I'm thrilled to find a group of
      >like-minded folks that's a bit more local than spielfreaks.

      Welcome to the list Chris! You must've heard of the list through
      Michael? He was just looking for fellow board gamers in the Northhampton area.

      >We have board game gatherings at our store on Sunday afternoons, and
      >we also have dozens of games available for people to borrow and play
      >at our tables. (The official gatherings are weekly, but the games are
      >available whenever we're open.) New folks are always welcome!

      What time do you get together on Sundays? I can add it to the UG
      Calendar for you (or feel free to do it yourself). Check out the calendar
      at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Unity_Games/calendar
      If you do add anything to the calendar please keep in mind that Unity
      Games is focused on board games of the "spielfrieky" variety.

      Mark

      "Just look at him. Square. The shape of *EVIL*" - Plankton

    • Matthew Horn
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 29, 2003
        Chris wrote:
        >>Well, I've been on the group less than a minute and I've already
        >>goofed something up.

        Well, I've been on this list for about 2 years, and I contstantly screw things up.

        And Eric, besides cows and corn, they also have co-eds in Western Mass.

        matt
      • space_crime_continuum
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 29, 2003
          "Mark J. Edwards" <danger.mouse@a...> wrote:

          > Welcome to the list Chris! You must've heard of the list through
          > Michael?

          Kinda sorta. I wrote Michael to say hi, but it was actually your reply
          that I noticed first. :)

          > What time do you get together on Sundays?

          1 p.m. to closing. (Which is usually around 6ish.) I'll check out the
          calendar next -- hopefully I won't get too tangled up in it!

          Eric, Matthew, thank you for your kind words about the store and
          Northampton! (Which does indeed have many cute college students of all
          ages, genders, and sexual preferences. It's like a Love Boat with
          college courses... <G>)

          cheers,

          Chris Aylott
          games@...