Introduction

  • mrgarabaldi005 <numbertenox@excite.com>
    Message 1 of 52 , Mar 1, 2003
      Hello,
      My name is Rodney Sheldon. I had heard of Unity thru various
      sources. I had even emailed a member or two at various times. I
      attended Total Con this past weekend and played in the German Team
      Tournament... and I had the best time! So I decided to join the
      Unity gamers group...

      I live in Springfield VT (just 2-3 hours from most anywhere in
      eastern MA) I am currently the president of Carnage Gaming... a
      small gaming group in Vermont that has run Carnage on the Mountain
      and this year Carnage by the Lake. (both gaming conventions)

      I play most games from Advanced Civ to Carcossone to Risk 2210 to El
      Grande and beyond. I have been known to try any game once...and most
      more times than I can count. I have been gaming for over 20 years...

      I am looking forward to the discussions on the group and especially
      meeting new people to game with...(like I said Eastern MA is close
      by... I will be looking for games to play in...New games to try and
      people to meet!)

      Thanks
      Rod
    • laurakdonovan
      Message 52 of 52 , Jun 2, 2016
        Hi all,

        I just joined this group and thought I'd send out a quick hello. I grew up playing all kinds of board games, but over the past couple of years I've been getting really into Euro-style games. I haven't had the opportunity to play many, but a few I've enjoyed are Dominion, Ghost Stories, and Twilight Struggle. The types of games I'd love to try: Battlestar Gallactica, Arkham Horror, Robinson Crusoe, Star Wars: Rebellion.

        Now the sad part of my story: my husband and friends aren't super into these types of games. They occasionally succumb to extreme begging and bribes, but it would be awesome to find other folks in the Norwell, MA area who think it's fun to spend an afternoon making really important decisions. You know, like whether to move a piece of plastic two inches or fight the manticore that just showed up in town square.

        So if that sounds like any of you, let me know. I don't mind lengthy rulebooks (I'm looking at you, Mage Knight) or games that take multiple hours to play. Resource management games aren't really my jam, but I can be talked into playing them when beer and pizza are involved :)

        Glad to join the group!

        -Laura