Go! game store

  • John P. Cataldo
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3 7:07 AM
      My experiences at Go! are the same. The inventory isn't large, but they
      do have a wide variety of games, from party games to family and a few
      euro-games. And the few different employees I've met there all seemed
      fairly knowledgable about different games, and would openly admit that
      they knew nothing about a game if that was the case.

      --
      John

      > I've been to GO! The Game Store at the Cambridgeside Galleria. They
      have an
      > entire section devoted to different Monopolies, and they have many
      > uninspiring selectyions, but they also have Acquire, Axis and Allies,
      Lord
      > of the Rings, some reasonably good card games and some higher-quality
      "party
      > games". The clerk working the day I was there was helping a mom choose a
      > game for a teenage son, and it seemed like he had actually PLAYED the
      games
      > he was describing to her -
    • Eric Shultz
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3 7:41 AM
        I wonder if it would be worth going to the management
        of these stores with the URLs for UG, Spielfrieks,
        boardgamegeek, etc. It might open their eyes to a new
        revenue stream. Anybody ever tried this?

        I think I was at Go!, a while ago as well. It seems
        like it's a chain and they probably get the same
        inventory shipped to every store. Some of these
        smaller gaming places could use some help, though.

        Eric

        http://mailplus.yahoo.com