SOG at Chris Lockheardt's on Monday, February 3

  • Christopher Lockheardt
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2, 2003
      This Monday's SOG will played at my abode at 54 Butler
      Avenue in Maynard. Everybody please be through the
      front door by 7:30pm.

      We were hoping to split into games of Age of Steam and
      Cities and Knights, but our AoS pusher, Josh
      Bluestein, has taken to writing me every five minutes
      to change his mind on whether or not he will be
      attending. If anyone out there has a farm-fresh copy
      of AoS that they have been dying to sink their teeth
      into, bring it along Monday night!

      In the interest of sparing uninterested parties from
      the inanities of SOG talk, a Yahoo mailing list has
      been created: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SOG_List .
      I invite all gamers interested in being kept up to
      date on SOG sessions to join this group as we soon
      plan on shifting our conversations almost exclusively
      to this forum.

      Chris Lockheardt (clockheardt @ yahoo .com)

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com
    • Matthew Horn
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 2, 2003
        Chris, I don't attend SOG, but I do enjoy reading the SOG-related postings because I have met and played with many of the members of SOG. Their opinions and SRs are part of the UG whole.

        I wish you might reconsider creating another mailing list for SOG-only traffic.

        matt

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 2, 2003
          At 07:55 AM 2/2/2003 -0800, Christopher Lockheardt wrote:
          >In the interest of sparing uninterested parties from
          >the inanities of SOG talk, a Yahoo mailing list has
          >been created: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SOG_List .
          >I invite all gamers interested in being kept up to
          >date on SOG sessions to join this group as we soon
          >plan on shifting our conversations almost exclusively
          >to this forum.

          And the balkanization of Unity Games begins! ;-)

          Chris I'm with Matt, I don't think SOG talk is cluttering UG.

          Mark

          "Just look at him. Square. The shape of *EVIL*" - Plankton
        • Campbell MacInnes <haleon@sennicam.com>
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 2, 2003
            I'll pitch my vote in with Mark and Matt. I don't always read the SOG-
            related posts, but enjoy them when I do.

            If you're worried about the high message-flow UG has had of late, I
            think that's just an after-affect of the event we just had.

            The list will no doubt settle down to normal traffic again soon...

            --Campbell

            --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "Mark J. Edwards"

            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 2, 2003
              Chris wrote:

              >In the interest of sparing uninterested parties from
              >the inanities of SOG talk, a Yahoo mailing list has
              >been created: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SOG_List
              >I invite all gamers interested in being kept up to
              >date on SOG sessions to join this group as we soon
              >plan on shifting our conversations almost exclusively
              >to this forum.

              I'll add my voice to the others - I enjoy the SR and have gamed
              with many of the folks that regularly attend SOG and would be
              disappointed to see the group discussion move to a private list.
              The SOG contingent at UG5 was remarkable... and SOG has been a
              bright spot within the UG community and I've always been happy to
              see the great level of gaming activity that takes place and the
              SR and other information you willingly share with local gamers.
              Hopefully you might reconsider moving SOG discussion off-list
              where it would be significantly less visible to most of us.

              daveber@... (New Mail! remove NOSPAM to use)