article about game store in Globe, but...

  • AndAgainMA@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2003
      There's an article in today's Boston Glove about Go! The Game Store, which is in the Cambridgeside Galleria. With regard to game selection, the article is rather heavy on games like Elvisopoly.
      There are some brighter spots, though. I thought we were in for a mention of Settlers or another Unity-type game when I saw the penultimate paragraph:
      Board games that are fun and ''replayable,'' meaning they don't produce the same game twice, never go out of style.
      But the game used as an example of this is Go. An excellent example, I know, but...

      Andrew
    • Teresa Gaudet
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3, 2003
        And in today's Globe, page B7, is a very brief article about Scott Kimball,
        one of the owner's of Danger Planet.

        I've been to GO! The Game Store at the Cambridgeside Galleria. They have an
        entire section devoted to different Monopolies, and they have many
        uninspiring selectyions, but they also have Acquire, Axis and Allies, Lord
        of the Rings, some reasonably good card games and some higher-quality "party
        games". The clerk working the day I was there was helping a mom choose a
        game for a teenage son, and it seemed like he had actually PLAYED the games
        he was describing to her - that doesn't seem to be the case everywhere,
        including places like Games People Play.

        Tery