RE: [Unity_Games] Introduction

  • Eric Shultz
    Message 1 of 52 , Feb 1, 2003
      In my first game of Traumfabrik, I ended up hoarding
      at the end because there was no hope of completing a
      competitive movie. I made a couple halfway decent
      ones early, and tried to steal some decent stuff. But
      I didn't understand the importance of the parties. I
      think I ended up second or third because I had
      something like 28 contracts.

      --- "Mark J. Edwards" <danger.mouse@...> wrote:
      > At 10:30 AM 2/1/2003 -0500, Matthew Horn wrote:
      > >Hey Mike.
      > >
      > >I should mention that this was the first time I
      > tried a hoarding strategy
      > >in Traumfabrik and it didn't work well at all.
      > Mike, you should drop by
      > >B20 (Cole Hall) some friday nite and we'll take you
      > to school in a few
      > >other games, too!
      >
      > I've never tried it but when I've seen it work
      > the person has completed
      > a couple of very good movies early and then sits on
      > it.
      >
      > Mark
      >

      > "Just look at him. Square. The shape of *EVIL*" -
      > Plankton

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com
    • laurakdonovan
      Message 52 of 52 , Jun 2, 2016
        Hi all,

        I just joined this group and thought I'd send out a quick hello. I grew up playing all kinds of board games, but over the past couple of years I've been getting really into Euro-style games. I haven't had the opportunity to play many, but a few I've enjoyed are Dominion, Ghost Stories, and Twilight Struggle. The types of games I'd love to try: Battlestar Gallactica, Arkham Horror, Robinson Crusoe, Star Wars: Rebellion.

        Now the sad part of my story: my husband and friends aren't super into these types of games. They occasionally succumb to extreme begging and bribes, but it would be awesome to find other folks in the Norwell, MA area who think it's fun to spend an afternoon making really important decisions. You know, like whether to move a piece of plastic two inches or fight the manticore that just showed up in town square.

        So if that sounds like any of you, let me know. I don't mind lengthy rulebooks (I'm looking at you, Mage Knight) or games that take multiple hours to play. Resource management games aren't really my jam, but I can be talked into playing them when beer and pizza are involved :)

        Glad to join the group!

        -Laura