Re: [Unity_Games] Introduction

  • Mark J. Edwards
    Message 1 of 52 , Feb 1, 2003
      At 10:01 PM 1/31/2003 +0000, Mike <vader5050@...> wrote:
      >Hello. I finally got around to signing up to the list after attending
      >last weeks UG-V event, which was a blast. Since I appear in a couple
      >of the photos on the web site I figured I would introduce myself. <snip>

      Welcome Mike! Hopefully you'll have more luck avoiding Matt in the
      future. ;-)

      Mark

      "Just look at him. Square. The shape of *EVIL*" - Plankton
    • laurakdonovan
      Message 52 of 52 , Jun 2, 2016
        Hi all,

        I just joined this group and thought I'd send out a quick hello. I grew up playing all kinds of board games, but over the past couple of years I've been getting really into Euro-style games. I haven't had the opportunity to play many, but a few I've enjoyed are Dominion, Ghost Stories, and Twilight Struggle. The types of games I'd love to try: Battlestar Gallactica, Arkham Horror, Robinson Crusoe, Star Wars: Rebellion.

        Now the sad part of my story: my husband and friends aren't super into these types of games. They occasionally succumb to extreme begging and bribes, but it would be awesome to find other folks in the Norwell, MA area who think it's fun to spend an afternoon making really important decisions. You know, like whether to move a piece of plastic two inches or fight the manticore that just showed up in town square.

        So if that sounds like any of you, let me know. I don't mind lengthy rulebooks (I'm looking at you, Mage Knight) or games that take multiple hours to play. Resource management games aren't really my jam, but I can be talked into playing them when beer and pizza are involved :)

        Glad to join the group!

        -Laura