RE: [Unity_Games] Introduction

  • Matthew Horn
    Message 1 of 52 , Feb 1, 2003
      Hey Mike.

      I should mention that this was the first time I tried a hoarding strategy in Traumfabrik and it didn't work well at all. Mike, you should drop by B20 (Cole Hall) some friday nite and we'll take you to school in a few other games, too!

      BTW, for anyone interested, I posted some pie charts with results of Pitt's Family Feud questions on hamsteak's game page (www.hamsteak.com). It's alittle more graphical, and alittle bit rock 'n roll.

      -matt

      Message 52 of 52 , Jun 2, 2016
        Hi all,

        I just joined this group and thought I'd send out a quick hello. I grew up playing all kinds of board games, but over the past couple of years I've been getting really into Euro-style games. I haven't had the opportunity to play many, but a few I've enjoyed are Dominion, Ghost Stories, and Twilight Struggle. The types of games I'd love to try: Battlestar Gallactica, Arkham Horror, Robinson Crusoe, Star Wars: Rebellion.

        Now the sad part of my story: my husband and friends aren't super into these types of games. They occasionally succumb to extreme begging and bribes, but it would be awesome to find other folks in the Norwell, MA area who think it's fun to spend an afternoon making really important decisions. You know, like whether to move a piece of plastic two inches or fight the manticore that just showed up in town square.

        So if that sounds like any of you, let me know. I don't mind lengthy rulebooks (I'm looking at you, Mage Knight) or games that take multiple hours to play. Resource management games aren't really my jam, but I can be talked into playing them when beer and pizza are involved :)

        Glad to join the group!

        -Laura