I need a ride to UG I on Sunday

  • Jonathan Yedidia
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 5, 2000
      Hi everybody,
      My wife (and sons) are going to need our car on Sunday.
      Can anybody conveniently swing by my place in Cambridge
      (between Harvard and Porter Squares) to pick me up on their
      way out to UG I in Holliston? Alternatively, I could get to
      someone else's place or another agreed-upon meeting place
      (ideally by public transportation) and we could continue on
      from there.

      I would really appreciate it if somebody could help me
      out.

      Thanks,
      Jonathan

      http://photos.yahoo.com/
    • AndAgainMA@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 5, 2000
        I am in the same boat as Jonathan. Well, not literally, but I do need a ride to UGI. I'd like to be there from the very start, earlier if help with setup is needed.

        I live in Boston, will gladly get to whatever T stop, etc.

        Andrew.
      • Craig Massey
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 5, 2000
          Jonathan and Andrew - I'm willing to give you guys a
          ride.

          how bout meeting at the kendall square t-stop. I can
          pick you up there and then we can head out. say 8:30?

          Let me know if this works and we can hammer out the
          details

          Craig
          --- AndAgainMA@... wrote:
          > I am in the same boat as Jonathan. Well, not
          > literally, but I do need a ride to UGI. I'd like to
          > be there from the very start, earlier if help with
          > setup is needed.
          >
          > I live in Boston, will gladly get to whatever T
          > stop, etc.
          >
          > Andrew.

          =====
          Craig W. Massey
          cwmassey@...

          http://photos.yahoo.com/
        • Walter Hunt [ext ]
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 5, 2000
            I will be at the Holliston Masonic building at 8 AM on Sunday to start setting up. Early arrivals will be welcome, to set up tables and chairs and organize the prize table.

            I volunteer to work the ticket-taking table at the start, but would like some help during the course of the day -- I want to play games too! The busiest periods should be between 10 and 11 AM, and between 1 and 2 PM (after-church attendees, I expect).

            If anyone has a small box, like a fishing tackle box, that can be made available for the day, I'd appreciate it. I'm not especially concerned with theft; someone should be at the front table during the busy times, and the box can sit next to me (or someone else) when there aren't people waiting to get in. But it would be helpful to have something to hold cash and tickets.

            Who is coming early? I'm expecting Dave and possibly Mark E. at the start -- who else? (Early means, before 10 AM and the "official start" of UG 1.)

            ----------------------
            Walter H. Hunt
            Senior Technical Writer
            VistaSource, Inc.
            114 Turnpike Rd., Westboro, MA 01581 whunt@...
            (508) 870-0300 ext. 391

            millihelen (n.) -- That quantity of beauty required to launch one ship.
          • Jonathan Yedidia
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 5, 2000
              Craig,
              That works for me. To avoid taking up bandwidth on the mailing
              list, we should probably work out further details by personal email,
              but I'm fine with your plan as it stands. We should hear what Andrew
              says. Thank you.

              Jonathan

              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 5, 2000

                >I volunteer to work the ticket-taking table at the start,
                >but would like some help during the course of the day
                >-- I want to play games too!

                I'll also help with tickets during the day. Between the two of us, it will
                be no trouble and I suspect we won't need much additional help. As I
                mentioned to you in email, I'm quite glad you will handle the early brunt of
                this so thanks for volunteering. I've got prizes (for Mark's use and abuse
                during the day) and Tickets/Name Badges and a Roll call sheet (for you and
                I) and some SGS prize material (for Craig) in a big box ready to go on
                Sunday. It's all neatly organized by weight and country of origin :-)

                > Who is coming early?

                I'm planning to leave my house at 7:30AM and arrive on-site by 8:15AM to
                help with setup. I suspect between the two of us at 8:15 and Craig (and
                passengers) who will get there just after 9AM and Mark who will hopefully
                get there before 10AM it should be plenty of help before the majority of
                people arrive. Of course people are welcome to come early if they desire...

                As mentioned in the UG info email I sent out recently - there will be a
                table for people to put their games and some sheets if they want to mark
                their name down and mark their spot on the table so people can remember to
                put the game back in the right area. Again - I can't stress enough that it
                is a good idea to place a business card or other ID marker inside your games
                so that they get returned to you properly. I suspect there will be X copies
                of Taj and Y copies of Buff where X and Y are significantly greater than 1.

                dber@...
              • AndAgainMA@aol.com
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 5, 2000
                  Thanks, Craig. I'll join you and Jonathan in the MasseyMobile, and amongst the ranks of Walter's setup elves. We'll do any further ride-arranging offlist.

                  Dave's reminder is well-taken:

                  Again - I can't stress enough that it is a good idea to place a business card or other ID marker insid your games so that they get returned to you properly. I suspect there will be X copies of Taj and Y copies of Buff where X and Y are significantly greater than 1.
                  <D

                  The champ in this regard at Conman was Samurai. I assume, by the way, that the theme of Buff is bodybuilding. Is that the game where you pretty much have to use the steroid cards to have a chance of winning, but can get some nasty draws from the side-effects deck?

                  Andrew.